| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th September 2006, 13:09||#1|
Clutch travel enlightenment!!!
Yesterday night when I was about to leave office for the day, I realized I had to take a con-call in a short while. Sice I was getting late, I decided to take the call in the car, and asked my friend who was pooling with me to take on the steering wheel. Mid way when the call was over, he told me what he notoced in the car. The clutch is travelling too much. When I reached home, I had a closer look and found it was true. It almost travels about a feet. Then I checked the other aspects and following are my observations.
1. No change in the clutch charecteristics. It is as smooth as ever, and engagement and dis-engagement is proper.
2. No judder, jerk whatsoever.
3. There is no excessive play.
4. Clutch pedal is nearly 2 inches above the break and gas pedals.
5. Mysteriously I had developed a clutch riding habit .
6. My fried also told me the clutch is hard, but I did not feel it. May be it is comparitive as his ride is a wagon R, and uses the cable, Mine is Hydraulic (Petra)
Now, Is it possible to put the clutch back to where it belong, 2 inch lower? Can this travel be minimized? Why do you think this have happened?
Need your advice please, before I go to the dealer.
Thanks in advance
|29th September 2006, 19:22||#5|
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanked: 4,289 Times
DRC, it could be your clutch pedal spring...not sure.
Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th September 2006 at 19:23.
|29th September 2006, 19:40||#6|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2004
Thanked: 655 Times
Like Ajmat said it could be air in the system. Otherwise it looks like you you're headed for a Clutch MC failure.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Volkswagen Jetta : Confusion and enlightenment - The story of Snow White||mav2000||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||41||23rd March 2015 20:47|
|Problem with Clutch - Clutch cylinder replaced! Hats off to Talera Motors!||Chevy_lover||Technical Stuff||0||24th September 2008 14:13|
|Which is the right Sequence Clutch-Brake Or Brake-Clutch||ankura12||Technical Stuff||2||9th July 2007 10:02|
|wet clutch vs dry clutch and slippers clutches||devsus||Motorbikes||7||16th May 2006 10:08|