Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th April 2017, 22:24   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km

From what I've read on T-BHP and else where, looks like a DCT/DSG needs to be pussyfooted and even then one doesn't know when it will pull a fast one on the owner/driver! Has anyone driven a DCT/DSG to Ladakh/Leh and back?! That would sure be a test as to whether it's durable or not! Looks like when one buys this transmission and then keeps fingers crossed hoping it doesn't fail. But I agree it's deceptively smooth till it fails!!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 6th April 2017 at 22:43.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 23:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Has anyone driven a DCT/DSG to Ladakh/Leh and back?!
I remember Anshuman did on a Laura DSG, there's a travelogue on it as well. Not sure which gearbox it has though.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 23:54   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Was hoping that Ford's DCT will be more reliable than VW's DSG. But it's been a headache for owners & Ford alike. In the USA, Ford has gone through a lot of trouble with the DCT.
I am in the market for a second hand car. Hoping to upgrade at a low cost. I live in Bhopal and the roads are BADDD! I needed a high GC and hence thought that a DCT Ford Ecosport fitted best.
This thread has scared me.
What should I do? I want a very reliable CVT/DCT car (no TC) with a good GC and suspension. Should I look at City CVT/Corolla CVT instead?
Can you also help with second hand cars in Mumbai? I mean knowing a good dealer mechanic who usually helps people pick up a good piece? You can pm me!
sjain2054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 00:06   #34
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol AT - TCM failure (Transmission Control Module of Automatic transmission/ dual clutch 6-speed automated gear box [Ford PowerShift DCT]) - replaced under Extended Warranty - 26,162 Kilometers on the Odometer - EcoSport AT less than 3 years old.
Oh man, I was just going to take a used Aspire DCT delivery day after tomorrow. Please provide your feedback on how the transmission is holding up now.
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 15:36   #35
BHPian

Here's the update you requested, on another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-9.html (Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Got our EcoSport AT back from Chennai Ford today after almost a months stay at their Arumbakkam workshop.

Couple of days after the previous problem, the car did not move when the reverse gear was engaged, and so took it back to the work shop.

End of 1st week they said they could not diagnose the problem.

End of 2nd week they said rats have bitten some wires and they are changing them.

End of 3rd week they said they are changing some more parts as there were some short circuits due to the rat bite problem.

End of 4th week they said vehicle was being road tested extensively and everything looks good.

Today they delivered the EcoSport and gave a 18k discount on the bill on my repeated requests, and I paid a little over 61k for the repairs. Thanks to them for the discount (not sure if it is correct to name the Chennai Ford staff who helped).

They gave only a receipt for the amount paid, and said will provide a detailed itemized bill in a few days after getting it approved by Ford India.

On inspecting during delivery I found out that the boot was not opening and the gear knob rubber/ plastic had been damaged. They took the car back to the workshop and brought it back after about an hour after rectifying the boot opening.

They promised to replace in a few days the gear knob rubber/ plastic that had been damaged during the vehicle's stay in their workshop.

Hoping they keep their word on replacing the part that was damaged in their workshop.
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote