Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th April 2017, 22:24   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km

From what I've read on T-BHP and else where, looks like a DCT/DSG needs to be pussyfooted and even then one doesn't know when it will pull a fast one on the owner/driver! Has anyone driven a DCT/DSG to Ladakh/Leh and back?! That would sure be a test as to whether it's durable or not! Looks like when one buys this transmission and then keeps fingers crossed hoping it doesn't fail. But I agree it's deceptively smooth till it fails!!

Last edited by Durango Dude : 6th April 2017 at 22:43.
Durango Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 23:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Transmission Control Module replaced under warranty at 26,162 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Has anyone driven a DCT/DSG to Ladakh/Leh and back?!
I remember Anshuman did on a Laura DSG, there's a travelogue on it as well. Not sure which gearbox it has though.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 23:54   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Was hoping that Ford's DCT will be more reliable than VW's DSG. But it's been a headache for owners & Ford alike. In the USA, Ford has gone through a lot of trouble with the DCT.
I am in the market for a second hand car. Hoping to upgrade at a low cost. I live in Bhopal and the roads are BADDD! I needed a high GC and hence thought that a DCT Ford Ecosport fitted best.
This thread has scared me.
What should I do? I want a very reliable CVT/DCT car (no TC) with a good GC and suspension. Should I look at City CVT/Corolla CVT instead?
Can you also help with second hand cars in Mumbai? I mean knowing a good dealer mechanic who usually helps people pick up a good piece? You can pm me!
sjain2054 is offline   Reply With Quote