Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd July 2016, 23:00   #1
BANNED

Default Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

The Injectors of the Rapid and Vento cost about Rs.22.,000/- each and many of you must have had to pay this amount frequently to replace them.

There is no need to spend Rs.22,000/- anymore and it is now possible to repair Skoda and Volkswagen injectors.

Failures of these injectors are on account of two reasons:

(1) Solenoid failure and

(2) Mechanical failure - dirt, rust etc..

Most reputed FNG Diesel Injector repair shops will replace the solenoid or repair / remove the rust on your injectors now.

Approximate Costs:

Mechanical: Cleaning / Removing Rust etc- Approx Rs.1200/-

Electronic: Solenoid replacement etc: Approx: Rs.3000/-

The savings on this will be about Rs. 19,000/- to Ra.21,000/- per injector!!

Procedure:

1. Do the VCDS check to ascertain whether it's an electronic or mechanical problem and with which injector(s).

2. Removing and replacement of injectors are fairly simple and most Skoda / VW FNG's can do it for you.

3. After repairing the injector and refitting the same you need to do the "Micro Quantity Adaptation" through the VCDS. This can also be done through most Skoda / VW FNG's.

4. Rarely, some injectors may be beyond repair (your FNG would indicate this to you) and only then would replacement is required.

5. Repairs to injectors of most German cars can be done in this manner saving a lot of money. Have seen X6 injectors being repaired in this manner.

WARNING:

Ensure that the FNG you entrust this has done this before and is experienced in this area.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2016 at 07:36. Reason: On request
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (15) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 02:27   #2
BHPian

Default re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
The Injectors of the Rapid and Vento cost about Rs.22.,000/- each and many of you must have had to pay this amount frequently to replace them.

5. Repairs to injectors of most German cars can be done in this manner saving a lot of money. Have seen X6 injectors being repaired in this manner.

WARNING:

Ensure that the FNG you entrust this has done this before and is experienced in this area.
Bosch Diesel Workshops do "almost perfect" rehauling of Bosch Injectors and one can directly visit them to get injectors tested via their proprietary diagnostics software and rehauled if needed.

Thanks
Aditya

Last edited by Aditya : 4th July 2016 at 07:37. Reason: Quoted text edited
iron.head is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 07:06   #3
BANNED

Default re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Bosch Diesel Workshops do "almost perfect" rehauling of Bosch Injectors
Rapid / Vento are not fitted with Bosch injectors.

The OEM is either Siemens or Continental.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 17:20   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Rapid & Vento: Faulty Injectors? Repair instead of replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post

WARNING:

Thank you VeyronSuperSprt for this information. Would you have details of such FNG who repair the faulty injectors for Vento either in Chennai or Bangalore?
AutoInt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 09:04   #5
BHPian

I have read lot of posts here and on Facebook about injector failure on Rapid and Vento, but nobody could explain me how this conclusion was made and what were the problems they noticed in their vehicles before the injectors really failed. Thanks VeyronSuperSprt for sharing the information which was there on my mnd from past one year.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 12:15   #6
BHPian

Veyron, thank you very much for this news.
I had read lot in other international forums where they repair/service the injectors & not heard in our country. I think these injectors are Elctro-mechanical. If it can be serviced it would be a great relief to VW/Skoda owners. In fact my Rapids injectors were replaced under extended warranty. Now out of warranty I have to find FNG in B'lore, because I like the drivability of car so much.
ALSUDA is offline   Reply With Quote