Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd September 2016, 12:12   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Mercedes: Replacement battery for Rs 30,000? What a rip-off!

Just wanted to point out the other thread here - link (BMW dealer blames after-market battery for fault in footwell module!).

Some of these cars need AGM gel batteries which are more expensive. You can of course order them online and save a couple of thousand bucks off the Indian MRP.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 03:58   #17
BHPian

AGM maintenance free batteries are expensive but are heavy-duty.

Order a similar battery online. I am sure batterybhai and other sites have a replacement.

Just make sure you get the same AH rating, C rating and CCA rating.
ankurbhageria is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2016, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurbhageria View Post
Just make sure you get the same AH rating, C rating and CCA rating.
I had to replace my W204 C220 battery recently. Since the service centre quoted 24k for new battery, I decided to get it replaced outside. The stock battery that came was 95AH, unfortunately Exide had only 90AH and 100AH variants. I got it replaced with the 100AH once, will that be an issue?

Thanks.
arjuunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 01:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
My father's 2009 Mercedes-Benz C230 has been a bit difficult to start for the past few days so I had the authorised dealer in Delhi T&T Motors check it out. They say that only the battery needs replacing, which I agree with. However later in the day I got a quote of a little over Thirty Thousand Rupees for replacing the battery! I asked them what brand of battery they intend to fit, and they only say its the OE Mercedes-Benz battery.
Does anyone know what battery is correct for the car and what is its MRP in the open market? Isnt it illegal to charge over and above the MRP? I cant believe that a battery for a 7 year old C Class has an MRP approaching Rs30,000!
The OE batteries are AGM batteries, not the standard lead acid. You won't find a local AGM from Exide and others. The AGMs last 2-3x.
71Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote