Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th October 2006, 18:42   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Can innova/any car with ecm be detuned for higher mileage

I had this conversation with a tour operator who was asking if anyone could detune his innova to produce lower power and thereby give higher mileage since he is not at all concerned about power and FE figures are all that matter to him.

Although theoretically it makes sense could this be done practically on innova or for that matter any car with an ECM.Will such a move bring about a significant change in the FE figures.Is it feasable to do it.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote