Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th June 2017, 16:41   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Annoying engine problem! Jerky, inconsistent power delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoscenario2000 View Post
....I'm suspecting a rat chewing thing here. How much it cost you to replace rat-chewed wires ?

Was total wire harness replaced or some specific wires only ?
It cost me exactly ZERO rupees to replace the wire. And I don't know if the whole harness got replaced.

The truth is that I am not that much of a gear head. So I didn't bother to inquire.

My MO is that I buy a used car with the cash I have in hand and use my trusted mechanic to solve my problems. I don't like dealing with manufacturers' service centres as I typically crave a more personal touch in my dealings. My mechanic gives me that comfort level. He picks up my car, returns it and only charges me if there is something significant in terms of expense.

In this case, he told me that he replaced "the rat chewed wires". I took it at face value as he charged me nothing. And as it is, it was one more thing that we were trying in our quest to solve this long running issue.

In the end, the action that we took worked and my car jerks no more. That's all I could ask for.
mohansrides is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 01:13   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Annoying engine problem! Jerky, inconsistent power delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohansrides View Post
Thanks to everyone who helped with their inputs. After many many months of investigations at multiple locations, I am happy to report that this issue is hereby solved. And johnruben, you deserve some sort of prize for nailing it. Same cause and same consequence. After I replaced the rat-chewed wires, I waited a full 2 months to accept that we had gotten to the bottom of it.

Thanks a bunch.
Glad to hear your issue is resolved, sorry I had busy tight schedule for the past couple of months and couldn't login to check any messages.

There is a thread to educate you to protect your car from rats, go through it, wish you all the best.
johnruben is offline   Reply With Quote