Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th September 2016, 22:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Umm, not quite. In my EcoSport, I first hit the push-button without clutch, which has the same purpose as turning the key upto just before cranking the engine (i.e. through two notches). I then wait for the lights to turn off, wait for little whines to stop, and then I push the clutch in and tap the button again to fire it up.

Although it is called the "accessory mode", it is equivalent to turning the key through two notches, not just one. See the extract from the manual that compares the key vs. keyless system for the EcoSport.

Excellent, I'm to old to change my habits! Privilege of age. Although it might still be another decade before I get my first keyless car of course!

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 22:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Instrument cluster sweep?

May not be an entire philosophy of gimmick but it could be the way to check for all functions in the automobile by itself and would warn the driver before hand if there is any malfunction.

Why surprise the driver when he is starting the drive. It will be good if the problem is known before start of the journey.

Here's one on my Honda Activa 125

i am asked to wait till the cluster sweep is complete before I fire the electric starter on my Activa and I have made it a habit too. Even though none one of my cars have this feature, I wait for 2-3 seconds after switching ON the ignition and lets the tell-tale lights disappear (that disappear normally when ignition is ON) and then fire up and wait for the rest tell-tale signs to go. After this I drive out.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 01:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May not be an entire philosophy of gimmick but it could be the way to check for all functions in the automobile by itself and would warn the driver before hand if there is any malfunction.

Sure, but then it would be mentioned in the owners manual. Anybody with these sweeping dials for a bike or a car, please check the owner manual what it says.
If it doesn't mention anything specific about warning, its a gimmick.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote