Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread

Old 12th October 2006, 13:25   #1
BHPian

Default Query on headers

hi guys
I recently got my header job done for my carburetter esteem now the issue is i cant find any difference in the performance. Now my tuner says that the dirty carb and worn out clutch is the problem. So i just want to know from you guys that are these the factors that affect the headers performance. If yes how much do they affect
Thanks
Old 12th October 2006, 13:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

Bit like asking if a dose of vitamins will make me go faster despite a clogged arteries and arthritic knees - go figure

Last edited by ajmat : 14th October 2006 at 10:00.
Old 12th October 2006, 13:33   #3
BANNED

Makes a huge difference bro. Get your car fixed first before you do any mods.
Old 14th October 2006, 10:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thread reopened for discussion
Old 14th October 2006, 10:21   #5
BANNED

Kooldude.. first question.. how many km's has your car done...
If as you say your tuner's telling you that your clutch is gone how do you expect your car to perform.. its like cutting off your ears and asking if you can hear...
Second question..do you really think that by giving your car a set of headers that your going to eliminate the sluggishness of your car thats got a busted clutch and a dirty carb...
I DONT THINK SO !!!
Service your car properly first, get your clutch job done.. and then drive it.
Old 14th October 2006, 10:36   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
hi guys
I recently got my header job done for my carburetter esteem now the issue is i cant find any difference in the performance. Now my tuner says that the dirty carb and worn out clutch is the problem. So i just want to know from you guys that are these the factors that affect the headers performance. If yes how much do they affect
Thanks
Hey,

Firstly rephrase your question. The answer to your question is NO. Your problem is poor initial pickup for which the reasons have already been told to you. You have admitted that there is power in the midrange onwards. For the last time no one can advise you if you do not speak the truth. Please get some basic knowledge before going about blaming people.

If you had a problem there are better ways to solve it. Like one going back to your tuner and telling him the issue before spoiling relations and bad mouthing him. Does anyone agree with that.

For those of you who are clueless as to what is happening let me elaborate. He came to me with a request to do his free flow and tuning. When I saw his car I told him to do his suspension and braking first since the car was in pathetic condition. Worst maintained car I have seen in my life. Every part in the suspension was changed his front discs were 25% below min safe level, oil was so thick and black, plugs were finished & carb was choked. Engine was smelling of fuel and oil.. He was crying for every Rs and even wanted me to fit spares brought by him from Chor Bazaar which I refused. He had already contacted the exhaust person and negotiated the rates which he lied to me about. His car was done on a no profit base which he is aware of. He was informed of the carb overhaul but he said no since he had no money.

All this knowing that I cannot drive his car beforehand due to my fractured leg. when I delivered the car and went for a trial it was barely able to generate a wheel spin in 1st and immediately told him your clutch is slipping. Now you guys decide what is right. Instead of even thanking me he calls up another Tbhpian saying he is pissed of with me and I have done a **** job. Anyone who has dealt with me can vouch for my job and service. I have been insulted and offended by the man who does not know anything about cars or relations hence this long post.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 14th October 2006 at 10:48.
Old 14th October 2006, 10:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well now I think we now know who the tuner is? Or do we?
Old 14th October 2006, 10:41   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
Well now I think we now know who the tuner is? Or do we?
Ding ding ding.. give the man a prize!!!!
Old 14th October 2006, 10:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

Firstly rephrase your question. The answer to your question is NO. Your problem is poor initial pickup for which the reasons have already been told to you. You have admitted that there is power in the midrange onwards. For the last time no one can advise you if you do not speak the truth. Please get some basic knowledge before going about blaming people.

If you had a problem there are better ways to solve it. Like one going back to your tuner and telling him the issue before spoiling relations and bad mouthing him. DOes anyone agree with that.

Viper
I am still saying it wasnt me it was a friend of mine who drove it n felt a little bit not me.I had told my tuner about the problem he told me to return the headers and take back the money and by adding that only if a knowledgable person drives it and dosent feel the pick up and says the clutch is gone and carb is ok. I agree about the clutch and carb but i am the owner of the car so shouldnt you be asking me if I feel the pick up or not

Last edited by kooldude : 14th October 2006 at 10:49.
Old 14th October 2006, 10:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been insulted and offended by the man who does not know anything about cars or relations hence this long post.
Chill,man. He's just a young kid. He'll understand slowly.
@kooldude:Like i told u,there's nothing wrong on viper's side.And im being totally neutral in this case.
Old 14th October 2006, 10:56   #11
BANNED

This thread's going nowhere again...
Kooldude.. If your the owner of the car and your taking your friends word for it.. HOW DUMB ARE YOU??
In your first post you say
Quote:
I recently got my header job done for my carburetter esteem now the issue is i cant find any difference in the performance
So which is it... I think before flinging around accusations you need to get your story straight in your head..
There are quite a few threads here with people more than happy with Vipers work... this thread is your opinion nonetheless and your more than entitled to it..
Cheers.

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 14th October 2006 at 10:59.
Old 14th October 2006, 11:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well I think enough mud slinging. Guys sort it out (outside of the forums). I'm sure you're both old enough.
Old 14th October 2006, 11:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

If you had a problem there are better ways to solve it. Like one going back to your tuner and telling him the issue before spoiling relations and bad mouthing him. Does anyone agree with that.

For those of you who are clueless as to what is happening let me elaborate. He came to me with a request to do his free flow and tuning. When I saw his car I told him to do his suspension and braking first since the car was in pathetic condition. Worst maintained car I have seen in my life. Every part in the suspension was changed his front discs were 25% below min safe level, oil was so thick and black, plugs were finished & carb was choked. Engine was smelling of fuel and oil.. He was crying for every Rs and even wanted me to fit spares brought by him from Chor Bazaar which I refused. He had already contacted the exhaust person and negotiated the rates which he lied to me about. His car was done on a no profit base which he is aware of. He was informed of the carb overhaul but he said no since he had no money.

All this knowing that I cannot drive his car beforehand due to my fractured leg. when I delivered the car and went for a trial it was barely able to generate a wheel spin in 1st and immediately told him your clutch is slipping. Now you guys decide what is right. Instead of even thanking me he calls up another Tbhpian saying he is pissed of with me and I have done a **** job. Anyone who has dealt with me can vouch for my job and service. I have been insulted and offended by the man who does not know anything about cars or relations hence this long post.

Viper
hello
why do u add mirch masala to make this story hotter haan.
Why dont u tell everyone the truth.Anyways there was a misunderstanding between me and the exhaust guy regarding the price so I never lied to viper.
I wasnt crying for every rupee I just asked him if i cud replace it with the other cheaper parts.Ya even if i was cribbing about the money what is your problem it is my hard earned money so I can do whatever i want

Last edited by kooldude : 14th October 2006 at 11:07.
Old 14th October 2006, 11:05   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
This thread's going nowhere again...
Kooldude.. If your the owner of the car and your taking your friends word for it.. HOW DUMB ARE YOU??
In your first post you say
So which is it... I think before flinging around accusations you need to get your story straight in your head..
There are quite a few threads here with people more than happy with Vipers work... this thread is your opinion nonetheless and your more than entitled to it..
Cheers.
I am not taking anyone's word for it i have straight away said in the first post I cant feel any difference it is just like the stock car and am still saying it.Viper had also told me that if I couldnt feel the pickup then let my friend drive it because he dosent believe me and thinks he is god of tuners and every other tuner in bombay is crap

Last edited by kooldude : 14th October 2006 at 11:09.
Old 14th October 2006, 11:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

I think this has gone far enough. Mods pls step in and do something.

Viper dude chillout man. We all know your work. So just chill maadi.

Last edited by vikram_d : 14th October 2006 at 11:16.
Closed Thread