Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th October 2006, 16:52   #1
BHPian

Default Baleno Creaking Roof

Can you beat that.
The roof of my car is creaking,
I suspect that the gumming of the ceiling has lost its effectiveness when ever the car goes on a incline left or right wheel first then I get a strange creak noise from the roof
Do other people in Hyderabad find the same.. since my old car also had faced a similar issue during the summer, the ceiling clad had come loose due to the intense heat.

Any solutions for this..
kiranpashtakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 17:19   #2
BHPian

have tsae problem, please help me also, even suspect the same kiran
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 18:53   #3
BHPian

Guys!!!!

How old are your cars.... I mean this is really something strange.... Is it still under warranty?????? Hit the manufacturers real hard....... This cars are manufactured keeping in mind the indian conditions..... so Hyderabad heat shouldn't be a reason for this.

Cheers
sumitdongerkery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 19:33   #4
BHPian

My car is 1.2 years old, The warranty is pretty tricky will try though.
Just wanted to hear from others on how they have tackled this
Old 13th October 2006, 22:29   #5
BHPian

i dont have any problems with this so far and seems to be a strange one..
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2006, 23:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

are u sure its the roof thats making the noise???? I doubt it that too in a 1.2 year old car....Anyways do get it checked at an MASS.....Keep us updated with what they had to say..!!!

KP
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2006, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Its confirmed that its the roof clading that's come loose
Like I guessed about the warranty
The guy who checked this pointed to my LCD screen and said that's the culprit.
Got No reason to believe him since the rear part also has come loose and I have fixed my screen below the rear view mirror
So logically if this is the culprit then it should come loose here however the cladding seems glued pretty well in the front portion and its come loose only in the center and back.

Anyways they had no clue on how to fix it.. they recommended that I visit a accesories store . I think I will pick up this one with maruti..
Old 14th October 2006, 23:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar
Its confirmed that its the roof clading that's come loose
Like I guessed about the warranty
The guy who checked this pointed to my LCD screen and said that's the culprit.
Got No reason to believe him since the rear part also has come loose and I have fixed my screen below the rear view mirror
So logically if this is the culprit then it should come loose here however the cladding seems glued pretty well in the front portion and its come loose only in the center and back.

Anyways they had no clue on how to fix it.. they recommended that I visit a accesories store . I think I will pick up this one with maruti..
you can do all the picking up with maruti, i dont think they will budge. the evidence is simply too damning. the roof monitor adds weight to the roof & that has upset the roof cladding. these roof monitors are pretty tricky to install. like he has suggested, please check this out with a good installer & have it reinstalled.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 14th October 2006 at 23:45.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 10:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
these roof monitors are pretty tricky to install. like he has suggested, please check this out with a good installer & have it reinstalled.
Firstly The monitor was fixed by the maruti guys.
Secondly The monitor is firmly placed and does not require reintallation, could'nt figure out what you were suggesting.
Thirdly,, MASS cannot wash off their hands from the issues as the roof cladding is a integral part of the car and hence they should be equipped to handle such issues. I am happy to pay them for their services.

I was drafting a mail to maruti.. to see what they have to say will keep you posted
Old 15th October 2006, 10:36   #10
Team-BHP Support

MPFI model Esteems onwards were reported to have this problem, mainly to reduction in the thickness of the sheet metal used by Maruti. Probably, cost-cutting up-stream on the Baleno too, by Maruti
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2006, 23:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly The monitor was fixed by the maruti guys.
Secondly The monitor is firmly placed and does not require reintallation, could'nt figure out what you were suggesting.
Thirdly,, MASS cannot wash off their hands from the issues as the roof cladding is a integral part of the car and hence they should be equipped to handle such issues. I am happy to pay them for their services.

I was drafting a mail to maruti.. to see what they have to say will keep you posted
kiran, even if the maruti guys fixed it, it is not a maruti product. the accessory shop inside the dealer is not defined in the warranty terms, neither is the installer an authorised person. But what you can do is take it up to the top guys & insist that they repair it for you, since you did the installation in their own premises. good luck
Old 16th October 2006, 10:55   #12
BHPian

It is difficult to accept the fact that installing a mere DVD screen can weaken the roof of a Baleno... Is it a practical reason???? I mean it is supposed to be a premium car and Maruti should anticipate such kind after sale accesory fittings... They just cannot wash off their hands by saying it is not a standard fitment...

Cheers

Last edited by sumitdongerkery : 16th October 2006 at 11:12.
sumitdongerkery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2006, 16:23   #13
BHPian

Guys my whole concern now is that the MASS is not equipped to do the required repairs even at my cost. Probably I need help here, in how other have tackled the same problem.
Old 16th October 2006, 16:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys my whole concern now is that the MASS is not equipped to do the required repairs even at my cost. Probably I need help here, in how other have tackled the same problem.
try taking it to an upholstery shop. these are the guys who can fix it. A.S.C do not have a section for this.
Old 17th October 2006, 12:20   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
try taking it to an upholstery shop. these are the guys who can fix it. A.S.C do not have a section for this.
But why.. why cant the MASS take care of this, is'nt it part of the car, If some things needs lathe work on the engine don't they take it and outsource, why should I go externally??

No offence to you "esteem" just mad with the thought