Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th November 2016, 23:45   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The correct way to pour engine oil ('Aha!' moment inside)

I feel everyone just got excited on this thread. This may be the right way but this method makes the opening further away from the rather small opening we usually aim at. For eg pouring tropicana into a small glass or pouring oil into an engine where reach is limited, what would you prefer? Reaching the opening with the neck of the bottle or think of splash?

Imho hence the correct way may not be correct always. It has an advantage agreed.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 5th November 2016 at 23:47.
sam_sant2005 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 14:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: The correct way to pour engine oil ('Aha!' moment inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I feel everyone just got excited on this thread. This may be the right way but this method makes the opening further away from the rather small opening we usually aim at.
Good point.

In the case of pouring oil, I don't know if you're still expected to use a funnel -- which would certainly make things easier as it both raises the position of the opening & widens it.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote