Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th November 2016, 22:57   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Off all the issues you have listed, this appears to be serious unless there is leakage from the oil filter. Of course, left pulling is also bothersome and reported by others. Maybe you will need to try someone outside who has better machines/ experienced guys.
I believe the leakage from the oil filter over time is called as sweating. They confirmed that it isn't that. For the left pulling yes I would be visiting a place outside of the A.S.S. for resolution!
miharbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2016, 23:03   #47
BHPian

At the fag end of the old Innova ( Type 3 & Type 4 ), I remember the customers & reviewers complaining of poor / uneven panel gaps especially around the hatch area.

Can also personally vouch for the very poor paint finish - the bumper especially - & very poor quality - had a front bumper to rear bumper scratch owing to a thorny tree branch near my office approach, of my Type 3 Innova GX.

Also the paint of my running board had PEELED off within 6 months or so. It was rectified by repainting the running board.

Never ever faced such a problem in any of my Tata vehicles.

Yes the Toyota A.S.S was very supportive & proactive but still it is something not necessary & expexted for a 15 lakh vehicle.

On a different note, if these reported problems werr on a Indian manufacterer vehicle ( ie Tata for example ) by now the grave would have been dug & a very deep one at that to bury the vehicle as unsafe & pathetic.

Just my thoughts.
Ameya Janvekar is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2016, 20:33   #48

Default Re: Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta

Hello fellow members,

My friend brought a Innova Crysta V model 10 days ago and he has two queries which i would like ask other crysta owners.

1. Reverse camera - around 15 - 20% if the screen show the bumper + partial number plate.

2. front disc brakes has around 0.5 - 1 cm of oxidized layer of rust closer to the inner circle (nothing major but is not like regular paint or coating which we can see in regular disc brakes. apologies for the non technical description.

Are these normal and if any of the owners could crosscheck and confirm it will be great. Thanks.
Attached Images

FlairBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 15:07   #49
BHPian

Posting pictures of the Brake rotor of my innova crysta which has done 7000kms Only. I did the brake pad cleaning during 5k service from the Toyota showroom. But now the condition has deteriorated. Booked for a check up with service center for tomorrow.Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_5987.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_5982.jpg

Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta-img_5984.jpg

The right side brake rotor is worst affected. The other picture is of the left side.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd November 2016 at 15:25. Reason: Please do not make back to back posts. Edit your post to add to the content if you missed something.
streetracer_919 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote