Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
Old 18th October 2006, 01:04   #1
Team-BHP Support
Question Where is the water coming out of?

Since last two days I am noticing something that has me a little worried. After parking the car in its slot once I reach office, I find that water is coming out from a pipe hanging below the engine bay. I know for sure this has to do with the AC. As soon as AC is stopped the water dripping also stops (its a little more than "dripping" actually).

Now, I never noticed this before yesterday! I am worried whether this is absolutely ok or is there something wrong? Have you guys seen this happen with your cars?

I know the following...
1. Since a pipe has been provided it is meant to drain out fluid/water. Although whether that is a natural drainage or under some sort of a problem is the worry.
2. I have seen those luxury AC buses with roof mounted AC unit at the back have a metallic bent pipe which drains out water at times when the AC is running. So there are some parallels avaialable. But again whether that is natural is the question.

What about you people? Have you seen this happen with your cars? Do let me know... if there is a problem I will need to take the car to the service station and get the AC checked lest the AC completely conks off.
Old 18th October 2006, 01:49   #2

This is natural alright....CONDENSATION....the condensed water has to be released & thus the drain pipe provided. You should be worried if you do not find any water dripping when the a/c is on or just turned off with the vehicle in a stationary position, if not, the drain pipe is blocked & you need to clear it asap.
Old 18th October 2006, 06:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

What Zappo brother? Too much consumption of sweet during puja or what?

This topic has already been discussed (Water drops after using AC in esteem). Thread closed.
Closed Thread