Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th December 2016, 04:23   #16
BHPian

What a coincidence this thread!
Only a couple of days back did I ponder over the topic. My car is a highway (only) drive. So it frequently sees up to 3500 rpm. It's a Fiat 1.4 petrol.
But this time I was in a good mood and after driving for about 40 km I thought why not redline for a while and listen to the lovely exhaust note!
1st gear 6k rpm, 2nd and 3rd all the way till 6.5k rpm and repeat for 50 km - it made the FE drop down to single digits and the car started pulling clean from low(er) revs.
It has nearly done 15k in as many months so I do not think carbon deposit may be an issue (yet).
I feel it's just the ECU learning (and unlearning) driver's inputs from time to time.
Divya Sharan is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 11:52   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Italian tune-up: Does it really work?

I too agree with Italian tune-up.

Case 1, my Scorpio once a month gets a highway or else it is just driving in Bangalore city traffic. After highway drives, it pulls easily in 2nd gear from road humps. The same vehicle becomes tougher while negotiating city humps during daily commute.

Case 2, Suzuki access. Driven by my wife very sedately, tends to switch off at low rpms. So, last weekend, i took it for a italian tune-up. It works much better now.
Even my father used to tell me that our HH Splendour pulls better after i had ridden it. I was in college those days, so redlining was the norm..
gypsyFreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote