Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th November 2006, 12:20   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
@hyper-vtec:
Wait till 12th november. Pj's shipment of conical filters is arriving and it'll cost u around 2000. Proper plumbing and Installation can be done by the bangalore tuners like Psycho or FRK or RAC.
Mate,
Are you referring to PJ Speed's in ECR...bcos I was thinking of an upgrade for Santro Xing...does they also install it?

Cheers!
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 14:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek
What conical filter along with intake pipe would you suggest for a swift?
I have been unable to find any conicals in my search for the swift.
What would be the cost of this filter+ inlet pipe+installation?
Tx.
AB.
you will not find K&N conical filters in kolkata. i contacted the regional distributor and they don't have them in stock, and they won't be getting them before december.
i recently got my filter and pipe from viper... u can PM him for details on pricing etc.
the fitting can be done by any competent mechanic... just make sure you have a picture of a similar installation to guide him. you can ask the person selling you the filter to send across this pic, else just google it.

razor
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 16:59   #33
BANNED

I'll vouch for PJ's Ractive filters. I have an EV500 installed, with the plumbing done by Viper. Been using it for 9 months now.

Good quailty, good performance and great price. Not to mention friendly service on phone and PM.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2006, 22:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, Its been great to see all your reviews on K&N so far. Can someone help me with the part number of the K&N stock replacement filter for my MPFI Esteem and the NHC VTEC ?? Thanks a bunch in advance..
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2006, 16:30   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Thanks a lot. nitrous for the alert. I was quite sad and confused looking at 7K. But its good. I can definitely wait till 12th-Nov...no race to take part in .
Hey hyper-VTEC

did u finally get the universal filter done for your wagonR? i m very much interested in that.. let me know the part # and other details...
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 10:19   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anybody provide with pics of the stock filter???

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2006, 12:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Now I am going to say something controversial here. After market filters will let in more air, but mostly at the cost of filtration efficiency, i.e. filtration will be not as effective and may damage your engine in the long term. Whether larger particles are allowed or more of smaller particles, I do not know. I suggest that before spending money on after market filters and if you intend your car to last a lot of km, it may be better to search for proper test results on this.

I found that especially in Mumbai's very humid climate, the k&n freeflow effect lasts about 1-2 months. After that, without cleaning it (and it is a very messy procedure), there is no difference between it and stock. And if by chance your service wallah blows compressed air into it, it is kaput.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 05:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
After market filters will let in more air, but mostly at the cost of filtration efficiency, i.e. filtration will be not as effective and may damage your engine in the long term. Whether larger particles are allowed or more of smaller particles, I do not know. I suggest that before spending money on after market filters and if you intend your car to last a lot of km, it may be better to search for proper test results on this.
I agree with you completely. Before going for stock filter replacement, it's better to take note of the weather in your area before wasting money.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 21:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Hi Viper, K&N conical filter is around 3k? I thought it was much more expensive. Wow! i can afford it now! Hehe
I got it fixed month & half back in my Lancer .... Price list attached below.
1. K&N Extreme Free Flow air filter - Rs7500/-
2. Cold Air Intake Pipe - Rs3500/-
3. Surbo (ELOVO) - Rs6500/-

Price list of CHANDIGARH
Sivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 22:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Hi Guys, Its been great to see all your reviews on K&N so far. Can someone help me with the part number of the K&N stock replacement filter for my MPFI Esteem and the NHC VTEC ?? Thanks a bunch in advance..

Guys ! Can someone help me out with the part number please ? Also I want to know how different the K&N stock replacement, universal and extreme filters are ? Am not a power craver and would not want to compromise FE on that account. So please help me decide and it would be great if you can give the part number too as the K&N website by itself does not list Indian Cars and the part numbers of the K&N for them. Thank you once again for all the help !!
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 02:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivia View Post

Price list of CHANDIGARH
I'm not going to comment on prices, though they do sound on the higher side.

So you got a conical filter to increase air intake and then used the Surbo to decrease air intake. Had you looked around the forum, or even Googled a little, you would have read that Surbo doesn't work. And saved yourself 6.5K, plus probably 7.5K too since you negated the effect of the conical filter.

I would suggest anybody going in for any sort of modifications, please try to read up on it. Don't be shy, Google is free!
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 15:24   #42
aZa
Senior - BHPian

SIVIA somehow i have a feeling that you went to a subsidiary of Hyperformance motorsports
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 17:17   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivia View Post

Price list of CHANDIGARH

Oh dear. Looks like you paid at least Rs. 10,000 (minimum) too much. K&N and CAI Pipe are too overpriced and Surbo is a hoax.

You will experience increase in power with the filter and pipe, but nowhere close to getting any value for your money.

I guess we all have to learn our lessons.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2006, 19:49   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
SIVIA somehow i have a feeling that you went to a subsidiary of Hyperformance motorsports
You guessed it right ..... These things are only available with them ....Did they charged more ...... Pls help iam thinking for going in for Free Flow exhaust (Titanium tip for Rs9500/-) is that ok .....
Old 19th December 2006, 19:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
Oh dear. Looks like you paid at least Rs. 10,000 (minimum) too much. K&N and CAI Pipe are too overpriced and Surbo is a hoax.

You will experience increase in power with the filter and pipe, but nowhere close to getting any value for your money.

I guess we all have to learn our lessons.
suggest should i remove the SURBO ..... as the guy from whom i purchased insisted to go for it ......