Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th January 2017, 14:42   #1
BHPian

Cool 360 touch-free car wash

In this world of touch phones, screens, panels... we now have touch free car wash.

Seems to be one cool idea,
- 360 rotating head,
- detects the length of the car,
- move around seamlessly,
- claims to be efficient (conserving water & power),
even offers cool lighting to attract crowd.
And it is automatic, even the payment part can be automated.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  67.8 KB

Car wash with the 'Glow' attachment.
Name:  4glow.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  94.7 KB

Source:
Leisu Wash

Check out the client list.

Slightly OT.
I was surprised with the google result which threw multiple such systems, which effectively is the same one with a different name in each case.

Seem like the product is re-branded in different places.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 17th January 2017 at 14:48. Reason: Added more info about the re-branded ones.
Spinnerr is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 15:53   #2
BHPian

Default re: 360 touch-free car wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
In this world of touch phones, screens, panels... we now have touch free car wash.
I think there is a similar car wash installed at the petrol pump on Race Course Road in Delhi almost exactly opposite PM residence. If I am not wrong the system is same and has been there for a few years now.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th January 2017 at 18:27.
SX4LOVER is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 16:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Is this available anywhere in Bangalore? Cannot seem to locate that information from the link provided.
dass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 17:46   #4
BHPian

I had used a similar car wash at Ranthambore in Rajasthan. The machine had a hard time accepting the length of the Isuzu V-cross. The car position had to be adjusted several times before the sensors could accept the length of the car.

I am not sure about the water saved. Also in this case the windows had to be cleaned/wiped manually post the car wash.It took around 45 minutes for the whole process.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2017, 18:00   #5
BHPian

Something I found on the internet on similar lines though I am not sure as to what happened to it -

http://archive.indianexpress.com/new...system/613297/
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 12:02   #6
BHPian

Default Re: 360 touch-free car wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Also in this case the windows had to be cleaned/wiped manually post the car wash.It took around 45 minutes for the whole process.
True! It's no match to manual wash in terms of the quality of wash or the final outcome. The water nozzles just spray water and the cleaning liquids / foam at high speeds around the body of the car in circles. Again, if you have tough stains on the body, they need to be manually cleaned later. Also, as mentioned by 'tazmaan', windows have to be manually cleaned after the wash, otherwise there will be water/dirt pigments on the glass. Though the machine takes only a few minutes to complete the wash, the subsequent manual cleaning takes more time.

The Automatic Car Wash set up is a common sight in Dubai at all Fuel Stations. Apart from Automatic wash, they also offer Full Manual Wash - which is expensive compared to Automatic, & Semi Wash - without the underbody cleaning.
cbatrody is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote