Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd February 2017, 12:26   #31
BHPian

Default Re: How I got Honda to sell me spare parts over-the-counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
You mean the document is not opening up, or, you are not able to navigate in document to find required part? Document is opening up on my side here, using windows machine, acrobat reader
The document has downloaded but doesn't open up. Getting an error as 'the file is damaged and could not be repaired'.

Happens on both acrobat reader and on chrome browser.

Thanks
Jaffer
Aslamjaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslamjaffer View Post
The document has downloaded but doesn't open up. Getting an error as 'the file is damaged and could not be repaired'.

Happens on both acrobat reader and on chrome browser.

Thanks
Jaffer
That's strange, maybe try this alternate download link. Also Adobe reader is updates and latest?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxU...ew?usp=sharing
techcoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 01:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am not surprised to read Honda caved in. I faced a similar issue with my Honda City Type II back in 2005. The dealer here wasn't even willing to sell me a bottle of coolant or even a replacement pilot lamp bulb!

The owner of the dealership had the nerve to tell me that all these things are taken care of during the service and if the car is regularly maintained an owner would not need to buy extra spares or fluids!

I escalated it to Honda SIEL via email and received a response within days confirming the dealer would be able to sell me the spares I needed.

Sadly, the damage was done. I sold the City and upgraded to a 9G Corolla. There was a huge difference in the attitude of the Pune based Honda dealership compared to that of Toyota's. They permit OTC sales provided they are convinced you own a Toyota vehicle. I seriously wonder why some Honda dealers haven't kept pace with changing times.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 08:44   #34
BHPian

Default How I got Honda to sell me spare parts over-the-counter

I've been required by Maruti Genuine Parts outlet to submit a copy of my RC when I placed an order of parts for my Grand Vitara (at the time of advance payment). I didn't bother asking why they need it, will do that next time.

I guess they don't require you to submit proof of ownership for non-CBU models.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 6th February 2017 at 08:45.
Tanmay K is offline   Reply With Quote