Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th February 2017, 05:54   #16

Default Re: A visit to Ford's Technical Training Centre @ Manesar

Thanks noopster for sharing; really interesting what ford has done, sorta reminded me of the press demo of the fiesta 1.6s with ABS

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nstration.html (Ford Fiesta 1.6S Track day & ABS demonstration))

Really hope Ford finds success in this new offering, especially the child parts actually reaching those 15 national distributors. It did take them nearly a year to open a distributor in HYD. I think that is where Maruti always had the upper hand, finding MGP parts is easy, there are lots of authorized outlets, even the not so frequently replaced parts are usually in stock. Its not just the pricing that Ford should look at but the availability as well.
TCS66SPDLSD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2017, 11:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A visit to Ford's Technical Training Centre @ Manesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm surprised to see that an Aspire petrol's drive belt costs only Rs 150!
How come I was quoted Rs 1800 for replacing my petrol Fiesta's? I don't think labour charges could be that high!
I found the answer to the above question when I visited Vibrant Ford yesterday. The drive belt (a set of two) for the Fiesta is imported, hence it costs around Rs 1750. I am not sure if the cost indicated for the Aspire petrol includes a single piece or a set of two.

Below is a picture of the price tag for the Fiesta. The set consists of a longer belt and a shorter one. The shorter one is for the AC.

A visit to Ford's Technical Training Centre @ Manesar-img_20170217_120207.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote