Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2017, 00:10   #376
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 7,172 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
The plan is to have fog lamps in the Alto and use OEM spec parts wherever possible. Both Wagon R and Alto have similar accessories switch and cap holes.
This part wasn't mentioned in any part catalogue, so I cannot confirm which version of WagonR this came with, but you can be assured it is from a WagonR before 2009. Did a generic search in the DMS and came up with this:

Part No: 37270M79F00
Name: SWITCH ASSYFR.FOG L
Price: Rs. 445

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 13:09   #377
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Dear Shashi and anyone else, I need to know how to get this part - the driver's seatbelt female portion from my 1st-gen Swift. The seatbelt-on indicator switch inside has gone kaput, the dashboard seatbelt warning light refuses to turn off, and since the contact is on a PCB which has worn out, repair isn't possible. Apart from the irritation of a blinking light on the panel, I suspect the airbags would remain deactivated if the system reads that there is no seatbelt on.

The part number as printed on the unit is B-480 E034501, but I am unable to procure it in brick-and-mortar shops, without changing the whole seatbelt set (as advised by MASS).

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_20170810_140225.jpg

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-img_20170810_141327.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 15:35   #378
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,191
Thanked: 12,740 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I need to know how to get this part - the driver's seatbelt female portion from my 1st-gen Swift.
Dear SST Sir, checked for the part number for the seat belt:

Here's the image

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-screenshot_20170812153323.png
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 16:35   #379
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 7,172 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Dear Shashi and anyone else, I need to know how to get this part - the driver's seatbelt female portion from my 1st-gen Swift. The seatbelt-on indicator switch inside has gone kaput, the dashboard seatbelt warning light refuses to turn off, and since the contact is on a PCB which has worn out, repair isn't possible. Apart from the irritation of a blinking light on the panel, I suspect the airbags would remain deactivated if the system reads that there is no seatbelt on.
Sir, unfortunately, you'll have to purchase the whole driver side seatbelt assembly. MSIL doesn't supply child parts for restraint systems, and they have mentioned this in their workshop manual too:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  87.5 KB

You can also look in scrapyards for the same.


Quote:
The part number as printed on the unit is B-480 E034501, but I am unable to procure it in brick-and-mortar shops, without changing the whole seatbelt set (as advised by MASS).
That looks like the internal part number or batch number for the vendor. The correct part number for ZXi will be:

Part No: 84901M75J10-ED3
Name: BELT ASSY FR R
Price: Rs. 1267

This is MGP (localised assembly). I have a feeling that the assembly which came with your car was SGP. The seat belt unit has its vendor details written at its bottom part, which meets the B-pillar end. So here are the details of SGP, in case you decide to purchase them.

Part No: 84901-75J52-ED3
Name: BELT ASSY FR R
Price: Rs. 14391

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 12th August 2017 at 16:38.
Leoshashi is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 16:59   #380
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Sir, unfortunately, you'll have to purchase the whole driver side seatbelt assembly. MSIL doesn't supply child parts for restraint systems, and they have mentioned this in their workshop manual too:

Attachment 1665953

You can also look in scrapyards for the same.

The correct part number for ZXi will be:

Part No: 84901M75J10-ED3
Name: BELT ASSY FR R
Price: Rs. 1267

This is MGP (localised assembly). I have a feeling that the assembly which came with your car was SGP. The seat belt unit has its vendor details written at its bottom part, which meets the B-pillar end. So here are the details of SGP, in case you decide to purchase them.

Part No: 84901-75J52-ED3
Name: BELT ASSY FR R
Price: Rs. 14391

Regards,
Shashi
Well, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the information. However, I wonder why the MGP unit isn't available with dealers/MASS. And almost 12x price difference between MGP & SGP is equally unfathomable. Scrapyard is an option, but for the moment the wiring believes the seatbelt is always on.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 12th August 2017 at 17:01.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 17:19   #381
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 7,172 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Well, that makes sense. Thanks a lot for the information. However, I wonder why the MGP unit isn't available with dealers/MASS. And almost 12x price difference between MGP & SGP is equally unfathomable. Scrapyard is an option, but for the moment the wiring believes the seatbelt is always on.
You are in New Delhi, right?? I can help you to place an order for the MGP assembly if you wish. It'll reach you in 3-4 days.

Had made good contacts with the MGP guys when I was in Delhi last year.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 12th August 2017 at 17:24.
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 17:57   #382
BHPian
 
Styler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 368
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Dear Shashi Ji

Can you please check the Part Nos and Price of the 2 X Engine Mounting and 1 X Gear Box Mounting for the Grand Vitara 2007, 2.0 L. It will be nice if you can post the diagram too.

Thanks
Amit
Styler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 19:16   #383
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
You are in New Delhi, right?? I can help you to place an order for the MGP assembly if you wish. It'll reach you in 3-4 days.
I am given to understand that the 12x price difference is because the early Swifts came equipped with SRS pretensioners in the seat belt (SGP), while the MGP part has no such SRS. I would therefore prefer to stick to the original seatbelt, and not dish out 14k INR to replace the whole set - if I can locate an original part in the scrapyards of Delhi, that's fine, but for now the system believes that the seatbelt is always worn before the ignition switches on.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 19:19   #384
BHPian
 
Ramon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 196
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I am given to understand that the 12x price difference is because the early Swifts came equipped with SRS pretensioners in the seat belt (SGP), while the MGP part has no such SRS. I would therefore prefer to stick to the original seatbelt, and not dish out 14k INR to replace the whole set - if I can locate an original part in the scrapyards of Delhi, that's fine, but for now the system believes that the seatbelt is always worn before the ignition switches on.
All Marutis equipped with Airbags have always come with Seatbelt Pretensioners on the front seats.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 19:34   #385
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,565
Thanked: 10,480 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
All Marutis equipped with Airbags have always come with Seatbelt Pretensioners on the front seats.
So every airbag-equipped Maruti vehicle has SRS AIRBAG written on the dashboard & steering wheel? Or do some just have AIRBAG on them?
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 19:54   #386
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 7,172 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So every airbag-equipped Maruti vehicle has SRS AIRBAG written on the dashboard & steering wheel? Or do some just have AIRBAG on them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
All Marutis equipped with Airbags have always come with Seatbelt Pretensioners on the front seats.
Let's consider the cheapest car in their stable, the Alto. It gets only driver side airbag, and has SRS AIRBAG written on it. It doesn't get any pre tensioner though.

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-marutialto80003.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 19:55   #387
BHPian
 
Ramon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 196
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
So every airbag-equipped Maruti vehicle has SRS AIRBAG written on the dashboard & steering wheel? Or do some just have AIRBAG on them?
From what I know, SRS stands for Supplemental Restraint System and has nothing to do with the type of seatbelt used.

The reason why seatbelts with pretensioners are used alongside Airbags is to tighten the belt in the scenario of an impending accident to bring the seat occupant to the optimum position to face a crash and airbag deployment. A person seated in an improper posture meeting with an Airbag being deployed could have disastrous consequences.

Edit - checked online and found that seatbelts are Primary Restraint Devices.

Saw Leoshashi's last reply just now. The Alto must be the only car from the Maruti stable that didn't have pre tensioners combined with the Airbag. The next cheapest car from the stable which came with Airbags - the A Star does indeed have pre tensioners. I think it must have been deleted in the Alto as a cost saving measure.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th August 2017 at 08:43. Reason: Correcting BHPian's ID.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 20:06   #388
Senior - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 7,172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I am given to understand that the 12x price difference is because the early Swifts came equipped with SRS pretensioners in the seat belt (SGP), while the MGP part has no such SRS. I would therefore prefer to stick to the original seatbelt, and not dish out 14k INR to replace the whole set - if I can locate an original part in the scrapyards of Delhi, that's fine, but for now the system believes that the seatbelt is always worn before the ignition switches on.
Did some research and came with this conclusion:

1. Ritz VXi's seatbelt without pretensioners cost approx 1000 rupees a piece, whereas the ZXI's seatbelt cost around 3500. Both are MGP(Made in India).

2. When I select Swift ZXi, it shows me part numbers with price Rs. 9k to 14k(depending on vendor),and this is SGP(Made in Japan).

3. When I select Swift VXi, it shows me the MGP part which costs Rs. 1000(the part number which I gave you earlier).

So, it seems like Maruti never localised the seatbelt assembly of the 1st gen Swift ZXi. I got confused on seeing the boodmo link posted just before my reply, so kindly excuse me.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Will Ritz ZXi's seatbelt assembly which comes with pre-tensioners work in your Swift??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
The Alto must be the only car from the Maruti stable that didn't have pre tensioners combined with the Airbag. The next cheapest car from the stable which came with Airbags - the A Star does indeed have pre tensioners. I think it must have been deleted in the Alto as a cost saving measure.
Even the WagonR or the Celerio with Airbags don't seem to get it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture.jpg

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture1.jpg

The Ignis and the Swift mention its presence though.

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture2.jpg

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-capture3.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th August 2017 at 08:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Leoshashi is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 21:16   #389
BHPian
 
Ramon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 196
Thanked: 280 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Even the WagonR or the Celerio with Airbags don't seem to get it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Attachment 1665973

Attachment 1665974

The Ignis and the Swift mention its presence though.

Attachment 1665975

Attachment 1665976

Regards,
Shashi
Well, seems to be a recent deletion.

Attaching herewith screenshots from the softcopy of the Owners Manual of the Wagon R which I had downloaded last November. It clearly mentions the Seatbelt Pretensioners.


Now the latest owners manual available in the Maruti Site doesn't have this section.

Seems like with the recent variant shuffle and minor facelift + launch of the earstwhile Stingray as the Vxi+, the pretensioners has been silently been discontinued by Maruti?

Don't know about the Celerio. Anyway I will check the Wagon R Owners Manual hard copy when I get back home.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-screenshot_20170812210946392.jpeg  

Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)-screenshot_20170812211030575.jpeg  


Last edited by Ramon : 12th August 2017 at 21:17.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 21:24   #390
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,018
Thanked: 4,203 Times
Default Re: Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) Catalog: Post your queries here (model list on Pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post

Don't know about the Celerio. Anyway I will check the Wagon R Owners Manual hard copy when I get back home.
I got the same shock now while discussing with Shashi. I was of the assumption that pretensioner was present in my car. Looks like it is not. To hell with this kind of strip down and cost cutting. I don't think I am buying a Maruti and begging for safety feature by feature and then get Easter eggs like these.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Genuine Accessories and Parts PriceList deepakchiniwal Technical Stuff 124 26th February 2017 14:44
Parts catalog for Suvega, Innocenti and Enfield Prince alok_balsekar Motorbikes 11 16th December 2012 00:49
Suzuki parts catalog online Irfanulla Technical Stuff 0 21st March 2010 23:41
body kit for verna-genuine or non genuine ram_hyundai Modifications & Accessories 11 10th November 2007 19:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks