Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th June 2017, 12:39   #361
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine

The new block can be punched with old number IIRC; if not you have to submit forms at RTO for record change and new RC. Same has to be endorsed into insurance policy also.
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 12:41   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Any idea about the procedure of changing engine number in all documents ?
New RC has to be issued, I believe.
Many years back.. Our Ambassador was stolen and thieves had plonked in a petrol engine. We got the car back after few months. There was some form to be applied for change in engine number. But, it was not easy for us as the car was stolen and we did not have bill of the petrol engine
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 15:33   #363
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
The new block can be punched with old number IIRC; if not you have to submit forms at RTO for record change and new RC. Same has to be endorsed into insurance policy also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Many years back.. Our Ambassador was stolen and thieves had plonked in a petrol engine. We got the car back after few months. There was some form to be applied for change in engine number. But, it was not easy for us as the car was stolen and we did not have bill of the petrol engine
Sorry for OT: As per the RC, the engine & chassis numbers are same in my car (Both are combined as VIN). In TN, a separate engine endorsement in the RC is banned.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 19:27   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Sorry for OT: As per the RC, the engine & chassis numbers are same in my car (Both are combined as VIN). In TN, a separate engine endorsement in the RC is banned.
From your signature, i notice you drive a Ford. The Engine and Chassis number of the Ford are the same. Most other brands it differs and hence the endorsement of new Engine number in the RC is being spoken about.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 14:26   #365
BHPian

Hi,

What is the status as of now; has the car been delivered back or is it still with the MASS? Its been about 5 weeks when the engine failure issue was reported.

Cheers !
i74js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 06:13   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
* UPDATE Day 23*

Got a call from MASS (Rohan) & went to visit them, had a meeting with Mr. Nipun Sharma (Service Head - Corporate). He updated that go ahead from Maruti has been received "verbally" to do the complete engine replacement.
Hello Mohit Sir,

It has been almost a fortnight since the talks of new engine started. What is the latest update?? The last I read was that trials were going on.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 14:31   #367
BHPian

* UPDATE Day 40*
Thank you all for your patience.

From last update to until today, parts replacements & testing is being carried out by QA team. I am not aware of the details though - but various road tests had been carried out so far covering few hundred KMs.

Already twice, extension of delivery has happened as MSIL team has identified some probable / potential concerns & they wanted to iron out all niggles before delivery.

What could I say - I am only glad that I will have fuss free fun with PO for many years to come if they are assuring this much. I have waited so long till now & I don't want for PO to go back for anything other than regular maintenance...EVER !!

I am sure that they will also use all the learnings from this extensive analysis in their internal training programs & manuals for MASS. This will benefit all of us SCross 1.6 owners immediately & benefit MSIL to enhance their CSI scores too !

Earlier I had told that existing turbo will be used but now new turbo is installed after their analysis.

Rest will share asap . Ciao.
100BHP is offline   (26) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 14:38   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What could I say - I am only glad that I will have fuss free fun with PO for many years to come if they are assuring this much. I have waited so long till now & I don't want for PO to go back for anything other than regular maintenance...EVER !!
Excellent. Was sure this would happen and hence kept delaying my response of anger on this thread. Maruti Suzuki wins a costumer back I believe, judging from your words.

That said, do try to get it in writing from them what would be done if the issues repeats again. Any sort of extended warranty of sorts promised?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 17:53   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
* UPDATE Day 40* Earlier I had told that existing turbo will be used but now new turbo is installed after their analysis.
That's the right thing to do given the engine was in such a mess and there was the debate of used/adulterated oil causing engine failure. As mentioned in my previous post the turbo could have been affected too.

I am glad to hear this is working out in your favour. I truly hope MSIL imbibe lessons from this downtime into their service manuals and procedures. It'll be a positive development for all S-Cross and possibly other MSIL product owners. Blaming customers for damage without evidence is simply not done and never pays off in the long run.

Last edited by R2D2 : 9th June 2017 at 17:54.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 09:22   #370
BHPian

Quote:
* UPDATE Day 40*

Earlier I had told that existing turbo will be used but now new turbo is installed after their analysis.
Why do I get this feeling that the fuel lines will be changed next.

Their initial analysis was plain wrong and now they are finding out that there is more damage than expected. Just hope that Mohit doesn't end up paying a part of the cost for everything they replace. Ideally he should not pay a paisa - instead they should compensate him for the mental agony and loss of productive time.
samaspire is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 09:25   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Why do I get this feeling that the fuel lines will be changed next.
Good if it happens. Sense be dawned in their heads.

I'll say all these need to be changed​ at a single shot. Not in parts. The fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel lines, injectors and fuel delivery pipe.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 08:27   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
* UPDATE Day 40*

Glad to note on the developments, even more happy to note the Turbo also got changed. Hope they change the fuel lines too for greater longevity of the vehicle. Keeping an eye on this thread.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 09:17   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not aware of the details though - but various road tests had been carried out so far covering few hundred KMs.
I suggest that the day they give you the delivery, take the car for a long trip, so that you can do a test for about 1000 km round trip. This will give it fair amount of running. Take a route with good number of MASS enroute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll say all these need to be changed​ at a single shot. Not in parts. The fuel tank, fuel pump, fuel lines, injectors and fuel delivery pipe.
Why fuel tank ? Any up-stream damage should have been limited by/at the fuel pump. The moment they change the tank, they will come back to blaming bad fuel, and blaming @110BHP.

Last edited by condor : 11th June 2017 at 09:21.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 13:46   #374
BHPian

"Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose road skills were the stuff of legend.

There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness ! It matters not how many foes it faced, they were no match for its bodacity....

Never before a warrior had been so feared or loved. Even the most heroic road warriors in all over India bowed in respect to this great master....

They would go blind with from over-exposure to pure AWESOMENESS!!"

Welcome back for PO. Yesterday, PO had arrived home.
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine-20170611_12043501.jpeg

Sorry for the rant above

I can't express my gratitude enough to this group of friends for their unrelenting support & voice so loud that it resonated into the far reaches of automobile fraternity across world ! THANK YOU !
100BHP is offline   (24) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 13:50   #375
BHPian

Quote:
[b][center]"Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose road skills were ....

I can't express my gratitude enough to this group of friends for their unrelenting support & voice so loud that it resonated into the far reaches of automobile fraternity across world ! THANK YOU !

Excellent news.

Do keep the engine in mind and run it in again uptil 1000 Km. One thing I have learnt from this experience is that a premium name and a truck load of investment doesn't correspond to a good service.

Have they kept their promise of returning the car in showroom condition?

Enjoy her for miles to come,

Regards,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 11th June 2017 at 13:54.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote