Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th June 2017, 20:46   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine

Wanted to hold off commenting after my last post a couple weeks ago, just so Maruti had a fair shot to troubleshoot and regain customer confidence.

All that seems to have happened is they apparently don't know (or aren't willing to reveal) the actual cause. Pretty amusing that they've changed nearly everything but the fuel system components, going as far as changing electronics for what was purportedly a sure-shot case of 'fuel adulteration'.

Not to forget the abysmal handling of the car at A.S.S., and the temerity to release the car in such cosmetic disrepair back to the customer.

Contrast this to the Crysta water leakage thread where Toyota made the A.S.S. do everything but kiss the customer's feet. Not a big fan of getting resolution only by escalation channels, but Toyota at least closed that respectably.

I'll never be inclined to mention Maruti and Premium in the same sentence again.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th June 2017 at 20:47.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 13:29   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100BHP View Post
Now, coming to the actual repair & testing being carried out.
=======
So, lots of grey & lots of fully unknown areas for me.
Any further updates after this? How is Po, hope all well? Hope we can update the thread title as the issue now resolved by MSIL?
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 15:08   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Any further updates after this? How is Po, hope all well? Hope we can update the thread title as the issue now resolved by MSIL?
There are few observations which need closure :

1. 2nd Key security code change
2. Rear Camera repair
3. New engine letter awaited from MASS
4. Car condition not repaired (cleaning & dent removal)
5. Front bumper replacement - its broken part has come loose
6. I feel that clutch is bit heavy to operate but MASS says it been tested - so again in grey !
7. RC & insurance change with new number - MASS says they don't have any facility for this - paid or unpaid both, hence waiting for point 3 & then will take time off to get the necessary paper work done. I think they should provided the facility from NEXA itself - they have all the network.

I have no issue in changing the title - pls do so. Thanks in advance.
100BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 16:47   #409
BHPian

Quote:
There are few observations which need closure :

1. 2nd Key security code change
2. Rear Camera repair
3. New engine letter awaited from MASS
4. Car condition not repaired (cleaning & dent removal)
5. Front bumper replacement - its broken part has come loose
6. I feel that clutch is bit heavy to operate but MASS says it been tested - so again in grey !
7. RC & insurance change with new number - MASS says they don't have any facility for this - paid or unpaid both, hence waiting for point 3 & then will take time off to get the necessary paper work done. I think they should provided the facility from NEXA itself - they have all the network.

I have no issue in changing the title - pls do so. Thanks in advance.

Seriously!!! You have 7 pending issues that scream "unresolved". If this is what the dealership considers "showroom condition", then God save its customers.

Wait for at least issues 3, 4, 5 and 7 to be fixed for the title to be changed.
samaspire is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 14:41   #410
BHPian

*UPDATE DAY 58*

Update on the pending work :

1. 2nd Key security code change - Pending, their software was not working when they took the car for the same.
2. Rear Camera repair - Accessory provided - need to do self installation now
3. New engine letter awaited from MASS - Open
4. Car condition not repaired (cleaning & dent removal) - cleaning done, dent removal requires repaint as per MASS - so not going with it - original paint is better
5. Front bumper replacement - its broken part has come loose - Done
6. I feel that clutch is bit heavy to operate but MASS says it been tested - so again in grey ! - same status
7. RC & insurance change with new number - MASS says they don't have any facility for this - paid or unpaid both, hence waiting for point 3 & then will take time off to get the necessary paper work done. I think they should provided the facility from NEXA itself - they have all the network. - MASS says they will get it done & will take payment from me - but still awaited along with point 3.
8. New point : Tow hook was missing from accessories - now replaced.

Heard that DDiS 320 is going to be discontinued with face-lift & there is no inventory available in plant also. Is it correct / confirmed ?
100BHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 19:39   #411
BHPian

We have not heard of anything from 100BHP for sometime now. Is it all good now?
Nalin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 20:00   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heard that DDiS 320 is going to be discontinued with face-lift & there is no inventory available in plant also. Is it correct / confirmed ?
that's what the indications are. However, even if discontinued, they are mandated to continue support for the model / engine for next few years.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote