Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th June 2017, 20:45   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
What was the nature of the problem(s) you faced with your car? Can you elaborate?

PS - you may want to start a separate thread with all the details.
I think he already mentioned them in his thread. The Crysta niggles thread was started by him sir.

Link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...va-crysta.html
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 21:03   #107
BHPian

Default Re: Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

It is great that your issue has been resolved.
However, I am surprised that people here support the removal of the video. Why? It was not a fake video. What right does the management have to dictate how its products would be photographed? They may later tell you to delete this thread.
And why the sympathy for Toyota? They are charging more than 20 lakhs for a product that fails a shower test. In any European country this would have ensured a recall at least. Why do we keep bowing before these MNCs which take us for granted? The service manager's job is to help you irrespective of the existence of the video. If that doesn't happen, what's the big hype about superb customer service about?
I am going a bit OT but I really got better treatment getting my Nano serviced when compared to what I saw with a friend's Etios. The dealer attitude was so different! Toyota knows that they can bring in overpriced underwhelming products. Toyota is no different from Tata, Maruti and Hyundai and it is high time people accept that here. I have experienced all these brands and thats the reason I'm saying this.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 21:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I think he already mentioned them in his thread. The Crysta niggles thread was started by him sir.
Yep, thanks. Except for the ones related to tyre issues I am keenly reading other posts.

PS - Read the thread. Teething problems probably due to the new model. But then the OP has this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Yes, I too will not hesitate to buy another Toyota. There may have been niggles but then the service provided is best in class till date. But again, Toyota has been pro active in handling the issue and I hope it does not come up again.

Precisely what has kept me with Toyota. My 2008 Altis still gets a lot of TLC from me and the local TKM ASC. The ownership experience has exceeded my expectations. No regrets whatsoever buying 2 Toyota vehicles since 2006.

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th June 2017 at 21:40. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 12:03   #109
BHPian

Hi,

The niggles thread was started by me and I never wanted to start another thread on their VOC.

The problem that I had was a sudden tyre burst on my Innova Crysta 2016 which had 17 inches alloy wheels on National Highway -1 with my family of five on board at 1645 hrs near Amritsar in Punjab.

The dealer that services my car was prompt and replaced all five alloys and tyres with 16 inches alloy wheels under warranty.

In my case the problem was with the VOC while the dealer principal was very supportive. There is no doubt that the ownership experience is far better from other manufacturers but at the same time I feel that Toyota has started sliding somewhere when it comes to pro-activeness in handling issues.

Here is the picture of the tyre.

Name:  FCrysta 2.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  148.3 KB

For more pics please refer this thread.

Link:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4191996 (Tyre damaged from hitting the kerb. Now what?)

Last edited by mints21 : 13th June 2017 at 12:20.
mints21 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote