Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

View Poll Results: Would you use an online service for maintenance & repairs?
Yes 35 27.56%
No 92 72.44%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th July 2017, 18:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Online car service / maintenance providers: Would you use them?

No,

i will only use places I have been myself, been able to talk to the folks, see some of their work first hand, see the workshop etc. I would not trust any online car service in any part of the world for that matter.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 10:02   #17
BHPian

I would like to know what if an app which has actual reviews of people who have used their services rather than some guys paid putting reviews? For example if there is a way reviews are filtered by actual person using his services than any random paid guy putting up good or bad reviews? My experience with ASS hasn't been great. I have seen Authorized Service Stations ill equipped, foul mouthed, careless, absolutely zero Customer Service, indifferent to Customer safety and non transparency. Am sure many would have faced this but not everyone takes it seriously. I would and have seen a few care a damn about warranty if such Experience happened in more than one ASS that we visited.

I would take my priced possession to a guy who has a good reputation from a large number of known people/group of individuals I can trust to love their machines as much or more than I do. I would definitely give a try if 20-30 people recommend a service station with a backing that they regularly get their priced possessions serviced there. That's my take on this.
bikerzindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 10:10   #18
BHPian

I would have voted as a "Maybe" but that isn't an option. While I always entrust the ASC with any work/service in the car, I wouldn't mind trying the online providers for maybe smaller jobs or minor tinkering but there is a BIG "IF".

Given the digital/social media age, I generally tend to read reviews online and also ask my friends and relatives if any of them have used a product/service. Generally, if there is even a minuscule number of bad reviews, I turn away. The reason why I ask people in my friends and relatives is because, its very easy for anyone to create multiple IDs and post fake "good" reviews. Asking friends and relatives gives first hand information of their experience.
centaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 15:54   #19
SRN

Voted No.

A friend of mine recently tried an online service for getting his Corolla buffed up and to make his baby shine. He used an online app to book the service. Came with all assurances from one of his trusted advisers. The end result, he got a car with botched up job, it was like some amateur work. At least he had this trusted adviser who then had to fort the bill to get the vehicle into ship shape.
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 15:55   #20
BHPian

My view / inputs for voting a strict NO:

1) No second person will ever value or be passionate about your car as much as you do
2) I have myself seen a car being serviced by one of the leading APP group at a garage I was getting my car serviced. I could see guys cleaning up the air filter with compressed air and making it look like new - according to me compressed air is dangerous as it could make the pores get bigger and actually defeat it's overall purpose.
3) The FNG I was one of their client and had assigned guys to do work for them - however seeing the quality of their work the mechanic was pulled back and they were just given an empty slot to carry on their stuffs with a mechanic of their own.
4) The APP based people were more keen on clicking photos (probably to share with owners or for promotions) than getting engaged in fixing the car quicker

P.S to protect confidentiality I am not mentioning names of the App or the FNG here.

Saying the above, there could be many more out there who might be actually dedicated in their work and are more oriented towards customer satisfaction. I myself have once got the help of one startup to get a 24 point health checkup of my car, which was absolutely free as part of a seasonal offer and I was happy to see their immense knowledge, tools they had and the way they were organized.

All in all these apps are at least a blessing and a better option sometimes than leaving your car purely at the disposal of an ASC the whole day and also for busy owners who would not be able to squeeze in extra time to take care of these things on their own.
unni246 is offline   Reply With Quote