Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th November 2006, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Unhappy Side pulling of my new Swift

My 50 days old and 4k done swift-zxi pulls to left when the steering is handsfree!! I had doubt about this from the day one but then thought its due to the road slopes... later when I found that it is increasing day by day..tried a wheel alignment to get rid of the problem...but no improvement!! of late I've found that the front left tyre is having outer wear!!! Now I guess this is a serious problem.... What should I do guys?!! I don't expect a good solution to this from dealer service stations... coz all the boys there know only replacement jobs... and not these kinda correction jobs!!

Pl comment on what cud be the problem?!! I've checked the alloys for any crack or so... nothing! Any body had this problem earlier?!!

Thanks in advance..
cheers!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 14:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

It might be because of tyre manufacturing defect or for your bad luck tyre has outter wear by hitting sharp obstacle while driving.

Also try tyres rotation (it can be 4 or 5 tyre rotation) with tyre alignment in good service station.

You write email to maruti from its website and also try to contact your regional office.

I own swift what I can see this car has many design issues and something not right, even old zen / Santro / Palios much better than swift for sure!

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 14:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
It might be because of tyre manufacturing defect or for your bad luck tyre has outter wear by hitting sharp obstacle while driving.

Also try tyres rotation (it can be 4 or 5 tyre rotation) with tyre alignment in good service station.

You write email to maruti from its website and also try to contact your regional office.

I own swift what I can see this car has many design issues and something not right, even old zen / Santro / Palios much better than swift for sure!

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks Ravi, Now I too think that there are lots of unattended serious issues with this car!!!

As you said, I don't think a tyre rotation will help in this case... status of all the other tyres are intact and no abnormal wears seen!! And yes...I have done the wheel alignment in one of the experts shop in my city.. and he said the alignment aspect is clear from whatever results his machine was showing!

I've already planned to really screw-up Maruti incase if this problem doesnot clear with minor efforts. Anyways... a very bad experiance!!!
Old 11th November 2006, 15:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dude, ur camber is wrong.
Check it with Maruti service!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 16:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

i doubt the camber angle can be changed...can it?....check suspension and steering column...
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 17:04   #6
BHPian

Arrow see this dudes..!

nitrous & danlalan, Guys, kindly go thru this and revert!!

This says the camber is with-in the limits right?!!
Pl comment..
Thanks in advance!
Old 11th November 2006, 17:16   #7
BANNED

I can't see anything dude!!!!! Something goofed up, I suppose.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 18:25   #8
BHPian

sometimes when youacceerate you find the vicle pulling to a side, is this what you are facing, if this is it it is called torque steer which is common in FWD
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 19:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
sometimes when youacceerate you find the vicle pulling to a side, is this what you are facing, if this is it it is called torque steer which is common in FWD

wow that means the whole of india is pulling to the side......

@nikki bike----cant see any picture....have you also done your balancing along with alignment????
Old 11th November 2006, 19:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Bearings can also be the culprit sometimes.I know in a new car it sounds kinda impossible but worth checkin it out.One side worn out bearing can make the car pull to one side
Or even the one side disc brake jammed calliper.
What say guys..?
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2006, 22:22   #11
BHPian

Default But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum
The Bearings can also be the culprit sometimes.I know in a new car it sounds kinda impossible but worth checkin it out.One side worn out bearing can make the car pull to one side
Or even the one side disc brake jammed calliper.
What say guys..?
agreed dude!! But why the outer wear?!!

guys,
ha.... i had successfully posted the alignment report here!! what happened to it now?!!! Anyways...will upload it again once am back in office!!! Till then kindly keep this issue in mind!!

Met the dealer service guy today...he says the problem WILL be rectified in two days time..!! Am not satisfied with this!!

what say guys?! May be a good accident repair fellow can understand and give best solutions I guess!!
Old 13th November 2006, 00:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

if the dealer cant get it done...try a well know mechanic there...if he cant get it done...ask the experts and if they cant get it done....sell the car...i guess thats your only option then...
Old 13th November 2006, 07:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
if the dealer cant get it done...try a well know mechanic there...if he cant get it done...ask the experts and if they cant get it done....sell the car...i guess thats your only option then...
yeah man.... really bad!!! All other issues can be sorted out with money..but these kinda inherant issues cannot be tackled even with lots and lots of money... this needs lots of skills and sence.. anyways.. lemme see.... I know a guy here who WILL & has the pedigree to do it neatly.... he is an old age mech... but now handling seriously damaged Mercs/Prados/Pajeros etc etc... still don't wan't to get such a work done on a new car!!

Last edited by nikkibike : 13th November 2006 at 07:46.
Old 13th November 2006, 10:47   #14
BANNED

Man! This ain't much worse a problem. It can be rectified.
Your camber & toe alignment should be verified and if needed, the tyres and wheels can be replaced too. Get your car inspected at Maruti A.S.S. Gimme a call when you go there. I'll put you on to the right guys there.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2006, 21:37   #15
BHPian

[quote=speedzak]Man! This ain't much worse a problem. It can be rectified.
Your camber & toe alignment should be verified and if needed, the tyres and wheels can be replaced too. Get your car inspected at Maruti A.S.S. Gimme a call when you go there. I'll put you on to the right guys there.[/quote]

Yeah dude..I will!! Today they checked it and tried alignment again... didn't succeeded even with tyre rotations.... now they have decided to replace strut, knuckle, lower arm one by one till the problem is cleared. Camber seems to be in -ve values...but still under limits... they are taking the car inside on saturday again for the job!!