Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th January 2018, 13:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Naren - So, I finally managed to get the suspension replaced completely.

In order to test how the new rear suspension behaves, I took the car at slightly higher speeds over speed breakers and found that there's a loud 'THUD'

I checked if the spare wheel was not bolted properly. But that was not the case.

At low speeds, the suspension is absolutely fine.

Can you please try this in your vehicle and post your feedback?
The new suspension setup (type 2) is softer. It is much more comfortable at low speeds. The old suspension setup was more planted at high speeds (stiffer suspension). I think that is the reason for "thud". I have not noticed it yet. But it is very much possible with softer suspension. Anyways even the type 2 Baleno suspension is still on stiffer side, it's nowhere close to Hyundai softness
Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote