Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 30th November 2006, 20:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
Thanks it was sure nice to meet aTeam -bhpian in nagpur....
Not a great city for car fans but it has great road.
Grooves are the way to go.
Just started adding a new concotion of Acetone + xylene+ 2t into petrol
Will post the results soon
Kaizer I am lost at the new concotion that you are using. I have started using the Acetone + 2t and it does make feel a difference as per your advice. But I would certainly need to know what is the above combination that you have suggested.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 22:40   #17
BHPian

I forgot to mention about my engine temparature......this time when I got FE of 17 my engine temp was still 5% less.............after grooving it was already showing 10 to 15 less compared to my earlier setting....but to my surprise it shows still 5% less even after consistant an hour of driving.........so I think engine is running very smooth & not heating up much which translates into greater FE....now if boric acid trated lubricant gives such benefit and also if my engine...gear box....wheels are having very less friction then really I m getting benefited.......this can be easily felt as after certain acceleration car just moves on without touching the pedal very smoothly......also noted that there is no need to press hard as car is moving so effortlessly.....

I never imagined that such experiment will pass on such wonderful result without affecting my pocket.....

Now how to measure friction in car engine & gear box?......how to measure friction in tyres?....
finetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 12:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Kaizer I am lost at the new concotion that you are using. I have started using the Acetone + 2t and it does make feel a difference as per your advice. But I would certainly need to know what is the above combination that you have suggested.

Again thanks to finetuining,
I used to add 2 ml acetone & 0.8 ml 2t oil. Now i have added 2ml acetone + 2 ml 2t + 2ml xylene so its a total of 6ml per litre of petrol.
Xylene add a lot of pep into the drive.
call me if you need anything more

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 1st December 2006 at 12:04.
Kaizer Sozay is offline   Reply With Quote