Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd January 2007, 11:19   #31
BHPian

Guys..i bought my car in October 06.. I have just stumbled on this discussion so will get back and check my RC for the month of manufacture

if windows are down, the door closes with a rattle... normal?.. (This is a problem I noticed while taking delivery itself)
And I hear a sort of an irritating chatter/rattle/kir kir/i-don't-know-what-to-call-it coming from my B pillar on the left.... is this the rattle u talk about Mag?
MC Mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:55   #32
Team-BHP Support

MC - the generic rattles come from windows and doors, esp on bad roads and at lower speeds. Mine came from the right rear window.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
MC - the generic rattles come from windows and doors, esp on bad roads and at lower speeds. Mine came from the right rear window.
Guyz, I bought my swift in the end of may 2005. I have never heard any rattles in my vehicle so far. I asked mondovi recently they said that they will fix if I find some rattles in my vehicle.After reading this thread now I am thinking should I go for the fix now or wait until I hear any rattles. Is it advisable to apply this fix in any case (my car so far is dead silent)? Please suggest.
Ajay_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 13:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it advisable to apply this fix in any case
If I were the owner I'd go ahead and get it changed, irrespective of rattles.
Old 3rd January 2007, 14:18   #35
BHPian

Default swift problems

Hi mag,

I too got these regulators changed in RNS motors, yeshwantpur, Bangalore on dec 30, 2006. The ratling sound while closing the door has stopped but i have a kind of tik tik noise near doors while driving ( all windows closed and noise is very clear while driving early morning and nights coz.. traffic is less and less sound on roads).

Any idea why these noise??

And guys in chennai, i suggest u have to e-mail maruti if your dealers deny to replace the parts. Only after i lodged a complaint from maruti udyog website , they called me from delhi and next day my dealer called me for replacement.

Cheers,
Alex
alexrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 14:41   #36
BHPian

anybdy from Delhi confirmed from any dealer here???
a4_attitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 14:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nispatel View Post
Please check RC book of your car. Manufacturing Month and Year are clearly written in in there!!!!!

I'm surprise to see that many never had a look at RC book details?????
Infact in the RC book, only the year of Manufacturing is printed, eventhough there is a label mentioning "Month & Year of Manufacture"!!
Is it just me??
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 15:18   #38
BHPian

Yes menonrajesh,

Probably data entry operator at RTO (This is a outsourced operation) didn't bothered to enter-in Month of Manufacture in your case.

Try looking into Insurance Papar or Road Tax papers...

Cheers vbmenu_register("postmenu_347479", true);
nispatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:26   #39
BHPian

It would have been gr8 if maruti would have sent some communication to us swift owners regarding this replacement.

I have Lxi, so the power window regulator doesnt apply to me... but yes, those seat belt clips in the rear seat are irritating....

Cheers
Ajay
ajayclicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 20:00   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrabbi View Post
i have a kind of tik tik noise near doors while driving ( all windows closed and noise is very clear while driving early morning and nights coz.. traffic is less and less sound on roads).

Any idea why these noise??

Ask them to pad up the door against the window cables.
Old 3rd January 2007, 21:02   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG
which got changed now without consulting the same astrologers; whatever will I do now?! Boo hoo.
It happens sometime. One must not cry..especially when it's done by and old man. All for a much bigger cause..

Got it??
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 07:57   #42
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
I am surprised to find few reporting these free replacements from Maruti. My dealer also said they have no such information. Will any one of the beneficiaries be kind enough to get a copy of the communication of Maruti to their dealers for us to take it up with our dealers.
I feel that this is done on a case to case basis. I checked with the service engineer on how the replacements are done and he said that they were doing the replacements for customers reporting this problem.
KRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 02:28   #43
BHPian

Well, i get a kind of rattling sound from my left front door, with the music on. When the bass hits it vibrates something else in that door.

Surprisingly, the dealer AVG had called few days ago and asked if there was any complaints with the car, mom picked up and said that i'll call them later.
Well i was wondering if this fault with swift is related to this vibration.

I hate giving my car to AVG, i'm seriously afraid they'll bang it somewhere and blame me again. Had a bad really horrible experience with them. I'm going off-topic.

Otherwise my car is all fine, no rattling from anywhere, no back seat rattling, but my car has never gone full load. Could that be the reason why i haven't noticed it.
micraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 12:09   #44
BHPian

Can someone actually paste the email address for Maruti and anything concrete for replacements?

I bought my swift in february 2006.
I have suffered from the following from the beginning:
Rattling in doors which get fixed for 4 days after taking it to the MASS and then are back.
My power window switch gets stuck when i press it to et the left front power window down and stops randomly responding.. ie. the window does not go down come up for a period of 10 minutes.
Noise from the back doors.. due to the belts maybe.
I there is some official communication.. do suggest how to obtain a copy.
If some one has emailed maruti please post the response. or at least the contact details.
I would love to get this fixed once and for all.
AB.
babhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2007, 21:45   #45
BHPian

micraft, you need to put some damping material into your doors. Look into the ICE section of teamBHP. Dynamat is usually a good choice and will stop vibrations arising from loud music.
theEnd is offline   Reply With Quote