Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th January 2007, 09:03   #1
BHPian

Default Bolero body Corrosion

My 2004 model Bolero started developing body corrosion on door bottom and on sheet fold just above rear bumper. I can get the tinkering done for now. But Is there any way I can stop appearing this again?.

Some one told me for the door, pack greese inside door bottom. Is that a solution? what do I do with other place?.
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 11:44   #2
BHPian

Default Go the old way

Check if you can get the tinkering done at a local workshop. Identify a tinker who could get this job done with Galvanised Iron sheets. Ask him whether he can do it in GI sheets The maximinum possible gauge, swg, (thickness) the better ... These are less prone to corrossion and churning out parts for the areas marked in the diagram would not be much of a problem even for a novice tinkerer.

GI basically are more resistant to corrosion, however do remember that the primer applied on GI sheets prior to painting and you would have to specify that at the paint shop ... its more of a mustard yellow colour primer.

Last edited by suren181 : 25th January 2007 at 11:48.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 12:26   #3
BHPian

Suren181, That is good, I shall now look for GI tinkering guys.

Not sure other Bolero owners in this forum have problems like this. May be I am a regular visitor to costal cochin!. But then some BHPians from Cochin could also faced the problem with Bolero?.
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 13:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Default Bolero Corrosion

GI Sheets is the answer.Also , please open the door panels on all doors and check for muck at the door bottom(inside).It is accumulated moisture with this muck that causes the corrosion.Myexperience with the Premier Padmini(1998-2000) is body repair can be more expensive than mechanical repairs once corrosion starts.

It would be a good idea to apply anti corrosive paint(the uderbody kind) on the inner lower parts of the doors...that is after teh area has been cleaned free of iron oxides!!!!
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote