Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 22:21   #421
BHPian
 
Catalyst_delhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Noida/Coimbator
Posts: 333
Thanked: 137 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
The old swift is not compatible, however on a ritz diesel and the new swift, it is claimed to have worked.
Excatly , I have the same hardware, It seems to work on fords pretty well but would not work on my boss's swift(data connection error). New swift i am not so sure. Old swift definetely not ( more than 3 days of downloading various software and forum hunting).
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 02:19   #422
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
Excatly , I have the same hardware, It seems to work on fords pretty well but would not work on my boss's swift(data connection error). New swift i am not so sure. Old swift definetely not ( more than 3 days of downloading various software and forum hunting).

The reason for the same is the old swift diesel is not ISO compliant.
The ritz is ISO compliant, hence works.

Me too am not sure of the new swift diesel.

What kind of turbo is used in the new swift? VGT or FGT?
In a VGT, the ECU is use to control the vanes and is most likely to be ISO compliant. It can be a safe assumption to think that it is ISO compliant, because the MID has to read the data from somewhere.

The new petrol swift has to be complaint(need to check), since it uses VVT technology which makes use of the ECU.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 20:41   #423
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore,Coorg
Posts: 782
Thanked: 349 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

I wonder if anyone here can guide me on finding an OBD tool that will work with all three of my Maruti cars. One is a 2007 July Esteem, one is a 2007 May Omni and the third is a 2009 May Alto 800 (F8 engine).

I have checked that all the three vehicles have an OBD port (OBD or OBD2 I don't know though) so theoretically some tool should work with all three engines.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 21:14   #424
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,374
Thanked: 923 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Nothing works with Maruti vehicles as they use a proprietary protocol. The connector on the cars is standard OBD2 but the pins are different. Things may have changed with the K series engines.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 19:58   #425
BHPian
 
abhijitl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 51
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

I use launch X431. Covers most of the cars in the world. Its a Chinese product. You can up grade the software over the net. But expensive. Useful for professionals.
abhijitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 15:25   #426
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 522
Thanked: 161 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Can we read OBD protocols for Tata Vista? Which protocol is being used for Vista and Manza? I am looking for this for last two years but no clue till date.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 16:07   #427
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Utopia!
Posts: 580
Thanked: 83 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitl View Post
I use launch X431. Covers most of the cars in the world. Its a Chinese product. You can up grade the software over the net. But expensive. Useful for professionals.

How much is it? Any dealers in India?
Digital Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 10:29   #428
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Hey guys, can anyone confirm if the OBDII is compatible with the enw SWIFT (Gen III) 1.2 VVT? I have planned to buy one, but just wanted to know if it is compatible so that my investment isnt wasted. Thanks in advance.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 18:17   #429
BHPian
 
Catalyst_delhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Noida/Coimbator
Posts: 333
Thanked: 137 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hey guys, can anyone confirm if the OBDII is compatible with the enw SWIFT (Gen III) 1.2 VVT? I have planned to buy one, but just wanted to know if it is compatible so that my investment isnt wasted. Thanks in advance.
If you buy the OBD reader with ELM ver 1.5a it works. Shows funny ECT though. Other parameters are fine. I tested with a friends. I got the software p.m me if needed.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 19:39   #430
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
If you buy the OBD reader with ELM ver 1.5a it works. Shows funny ECT though. Other parameters are fine. I tested with a friends. I got the software p.m me if needed.
Below is the message I get when I try to PM you.

Catalyst_delhi has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Catalyst_delhi - can you please let me know where I can get OBD ELM Ver 1.5a? and please do let me know the software.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 20:50   #431
BHPian
 
Catalyst_delhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Noida/Coimbator
Posts: 333
Thanked: 137 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Below is the message I get when I try to PM you.

Catalyst_delhi has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Catalyst_delhi - can you please let me know where I can get OBD ELM Ver 1.5a? and please do let me know the software.

I will ask my bud , I am sure he got it from deals extreme. I saw the package it said so. http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...aqrBbJ5HwQ_vUg

My recieve PM from only buddy was enabled(sorry). PM should be fine now. I will upload on rapid share as it is 50MB. TAT for this should be by 7 am morning.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 10:18   #432
BHPian
 
Catalyst_delhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Noida/Coimbator
Posts: 333
Thanked: 137 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

MutantX - I have attached for ver 1.5. This will work with ELM 327 1.5ver chips
Attached Files
File Type: zip bFULwOBD.ZIP (1.87 MB, 241 views)
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 10:39   #433
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 84 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
MutantX - I have attached for ver 1.5. This will work with ELM 327 1.5ver chips
Thanks buddy I shall have a look at this software. More-over, I am trying to locate ELM 1.5/a on ebay but the ones sold in India are all old version 1.4! Let me then order from ebay global or Dealextreme.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 13:38   #434
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 263 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hey guys, can anyone confirm if the OBDII is compatible with the enw SWIFT (Gen III) 1.2 VVT? I have planned to buy one, but just wanted to know if it is compatible so that my investment isnt wasted. Thanks in advance.
Unless i am very much mistaken., it will work on gen3 petrol swifts with those vvt engines. ertiga's specs actually says so.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 17:32   #435
BHPian
 
Catalyst_delhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Noida/Coimbator
Posts: 333
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Thanks buddy I shall have a look at this software. More-over, I am trying to locate ELM 1.5/a on ebay but the ones sold in India are all old version 1.4! Let me then order from ebay global or Dealextreme.
The new version is faster and supports generic obd. But as usual with maruti suzuki there is a bit of connection hassles. If ordering with dealsextreme if an option is present choose the slowest mail , no logic but it worked apparenly and do not get bluetooth version if you dont have an android or apple. Usb connection is best.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On Board Diagnostics (OBD) for Dummies a4anurag Technical Stuff 34 23rd October 2016 22:37
Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin) Games Goblin Other Cities 3 1st February 2016 13:36
TechSpec® : Understanding On-Board Diagnostics, also known as ECU, ECM, EMS dadu Technical Stuff 62 14th March 2014 15:30
Advantages of OBD 2 over OBD 1 Sprucegoose Technical Stuff 19 20th October 2009 06:44
req help with indigo sx (diesel) on board diagnostics shldn Technical Stuff 4 26th March 2006 20:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks