Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 21:32   #646
BHPian
 
bigben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 256
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post

Hi bigben, it doesn't work with 2008 and 2009 Vista QJD. But works fine in my cousin's 2011 Vista.

Anyway just give a try, in case if you are able to meet Anurag.
Am meeting up with him tomorrow. So hopefully over the weekend I will post a response about the compatibility. I just hope and pray that it works.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:49   #647
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,863 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post

Hi bigben, it doesn't work with 2008 and 2009 Vista QJD. But works fine in my cousin's 2011 Vista.

Anyway just give a try, in case if you are able to meet Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Am meeting up with him tomorrow.
Handed the OBD II reader to BigBen.

We tried pairing the reader to the phone which successful but it was not getting any response from the ECU. It was displaying "Waiting for connection from ECU!"

Let's wait for the weekend for a report from bigben. All the best buddy and happy reading the ECU if you can.

My suggestion: Try using an Android smartphone first rather than a Tab. Is it Tab 2? If I remember vaguely 'Ian Hopkins' (maker of the Torque App) told me that the Tab has a problem in using the software. Will ask him again and confirm.

OT: Your car looks fantastic and drool worthy. The color and alloys are fabulous. You have a great taste. Nice meeting you by the way. See you soon.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I am using Vgate OBDII adapter. It works fine on Hyundai i10, VW Polo, Ford Figo. But I am unable to connect it on Toyota Innova and Toyota Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Actually after reading all the web forums, I'm not that hopeful but at the same time it wouldn't hurt to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I read that Toyota uses m-obd (multiplex obd). So obdII is not compatible with Toyota.
I had a short chat with the SA who deals with my Ritz in the A.S.S. He says that the SDT that they use is compatible with Suzuki, GM and Toyota cars. The SDT earlier used to be having Toyota badge on the equipment but recently it was made specific to manufacturers.

Want to lay my hands on a SDT. Trying to find one. Tried asking the SA but he says it is not avaliable that easily and the software gets updated frequently so a old SDT may be give out all data. I have seen website selling the SDT and the software but skeptical to try one.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd November 2013 at 01:59.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 14:25   #648
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 603
Thanked: 130 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I had a short chat with the SA who deals with my Ritz in the A.S.S. He says that the SDT that they use is compatible with Suzuki, GM and Toyota cars. The SDT earlier used to be having Toyota badge on the equipment but recently it was made specific to manufacturers.

Want to lay my hands on a SDT. Trying to find one. Tried asking the SA but he says it is not avaliable that easily and the software gets updated frequently so a old SDT may be give out all data. I have seen website selling the SDT and the software but skeptical to try one.

Anurag.
I have this one bought from Aliexpress only. Works beautifully. The touchscreen is resistive and requires a bit of pressure. The manufacturer specific software comes in a CF card. If you need to upgrade the software you will have to buy a new CF with loaded software from the vendor.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...640099094.html
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 17:09   #649
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,863 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I have this one bought from Aliexpress only. Works beautifully. The touchscreen is resistive and requires a bit of pressure. The manufacturer specific software comes in a CF card. If you need to upgrade the software you will have to buy a new CF with loaded software from the vendor.
My hands are itching to buy one buy 22K on this is a bit too steep for my levels of studying.

Wish you were in Hyderabad, I would have plugged my Ritz VDi to that and checked it regularly.

What car do you own and what field of work are you into that you bought that instrument?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2013, 18:11   #650
BHPian
 
bigben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 256
Thanked: 113 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Ok folks I checked and it was not reading the ECU on my 2009 vista. I did connect it to my bro's 2010 manza and it connected. So I guess mine is pre OBD II .

My sincere thanks to Anurag for driving all the way and meeting up with me and trusting me with his OBD connector. Thanks buddy. If it was not for you I would have invested in something which would not have been compatible with my car.
Let me know when we can meet up so that I can hand it back to you.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 00:11   #651
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delhi - NCR
Posts: 81
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Can someone guide me whether Honda Civic Jan 2008 model VAT (Auto Trannsmission) is OBDII compatible or not? I would like to buy a bluetooth OBDII scanner if this vehicle is compatible. Gurus, please help.

Also, any specific model of scanner that you recommend buying or any ELM 327 model will work? Mini or normal?
Vivek5870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 00:20   #652
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,863 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
Can someone guide me whether Honda Civic Jan 2008 model VAT (Auto Trannsmission) is OBDII compatible or not? I would like to buy a bluetooth OBDII scanner if this vehicle is compatible. Gurus, please help.

Also, any specific model of scanner that you recommend buying or any ELM 327 model will work? Mini or normal?
OBD - II is for vehicles post 2009, mid-2009 I guess. So I doubt it will work.

Why don't you try contacting any Team-BHP'ian in your city, if they have one try it. If it works buy one else save the money. Else ask your SA as they definitely know about the compliance.

All the Best and do update if you get to know

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 00:25   #653
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delhi - NCR
Posts: 81
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
OBD - II is for vehicles post 2009, mid-2009 I guess. So I doubt it will work.

Why don't you try contacting any Team-BHP'ian in your city, if they have one try it. If it works buy one else save the money. Else ask your SA as they definitely know about the compliance.

All the Best and do update if you get to know

Anurag.
Thanks for the prompt reply Anurag. I did check with the SA, however they have no clue whether the port is OBDII compliant or not. They simply say that they have HDS and they connect and scan the car with it.

I do not know anyone from Delhi NCR who has a OBD II scanner. Do you know anyone who has one? I am putting up at Vaishali and anyone from Noida, East Delhi or Indirapuram will work for me. I can get in touch with them.
Vivek5870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 00:36   #654
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,863 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply Anurag. I did check with the SA, however they have no clue whether the port is OBDII compliant or not. They simply say that they have HDS and they connect and scan the car with it.
The SA doesn't know whether the car is OBD II or not? Contact their head and see what you get.

Have you seen the diagnostic tool that they use?

I guess it must be a non OBD - II compliant.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 00:40   #655
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delhi - NCR
Posts: 81
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The SA doesn't know whether the car is OBD II or not? Contact their head and see what you get.

Have you seen the diagnostic tool that they use?

I guess it must be a non OBD - II compliant.

Anurag.
Yes Anurag, checked with 2 SAs from 2 different HA SS and both had no clue and they are considered to be senior technicians out there. :( I also asked them if there is someone who can guide me on this and they had no clue to whom they should route me to.

Honda has a proprietary Honda Diagnostic System (HDS). Don't have more details on their system.

BTW, if I get my car scanned at HA SS, any idea what are their charges, forgot to ask them today. Also, any idea what would be the charge if I get the car scanned from an independent Car Scan outlet?
Vivek5870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 00:51   #656
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,385
Thanked: 9,863 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
Honda has a proprietary Honda Diagnostic System (HDS). Don't have more details on their system.
Yes that is correct as every company their specific ECU programming and error codes written. So it is dependant on company to company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
BTW, if I get my car scanned at HA SS, any idea what are their charges, forgot to ask them today. Also, any idea what would be the charge if I get the car scanned from an independent Car Scan outlet?
Expect it to be between Rs 400-600.

I have found a few pictures of the OBD port. Just check whether it exist in the shown area or no?!

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2583040

Name:  100_0077.jpg
Views: 4428
Size:  28.4 KB

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...connector.html

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dlc.jpg

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-scangaugeii1.jpg

------------------------------

Just check the below link. I am not sure of the authenticity of the information but just a read.

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/vehic...hp?brand=honda

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 09:02   #657
BHPian
 
skyfire2892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 236
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post

Yes Anurag, checked with 2 SAs from 2 different HA SS and both had no clue and they are considered to be senior technicians out there. :( I also asked them if there is someone who can guide me on this and they had no clue to whom they should route me to.

Honda has a proprietary Honda Diagnostic System (HDS). Don't have more details on their system.
I have an Amaze and the obd port is above and on left side of clutch pedal. Not easily accessible, have to bend down completely!
Though it is likely that your car is not obd2 compliant (pre 2009).
Just try checking for a 16 pin connector.
skyfire2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 13:30   #658
BHPian
 
Apple Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 98
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I read that Toyota uses m-obd (multiplex obd). So obdII is not compatible with Toyota.

Thanks for replying!

Cheers!
I am not so sure about that. Take a look at this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3010453 (Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review)

The OBD2 adapter mentioned in the above post works perfectly in Toyota Etios as claimed by amalji.

Last edited by Apple Master : 9th November 2013 at 13:39.
Apple Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 16:57   #659
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 120
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
I do not know anyone from Delhi NCR who has a OBD II scanner. Do you know anyone who has one? I am putting up at Vaishali and anyone from Noida, East Delhi or Indirapuram will work for me. I can get in touch with them.
I am in Delhi, Rohini to be precise and have the bluetooth OBD scanner. PM me if you want to test it in your car.
Mohitkumaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 15:12   #660
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,238
Thanked: 5,549 Times
Default re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

I just fixed an EM 327 on my Chevy Sail UVA.

It shows me readings for engine load and air intake temperature.

Should it immediately show the values for mileage etc or do I need to drive around a bit before that comes up?
Right now it says data not available.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On Board Diagnostics (OBD) for Dummies a4anurag Technical Stuff 34 23rd October 2016 22:37
Diagnostics, Spares, Service & Upgrades for European Cars - Euro Car Pitstop (Cochin) Games Goblin Other Cities 3 1st February 2016 13:36
TechSpec® : Understanding On-Board Diagnostics, also known as ECU, ECM, EMS dadu Technical Stuff 62 14th March 2014 15:30
Advantages of OBD 2 over OBD 1 Sprucegoose Technical Stuff 19 20th October 2009 06:44
req help with indigo sx (diesel) on board diagnostics shldn Technical Stuff 4 26th March 2006 20:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks