Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd August 2007, 14:40   #136
Senior - BHPian

Default What does the "User Manual " say?

Has anyone checked their manual? am sure the manufacturer would have mentioned on which fuel to use.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 17:57   #137
BHPian

What is SystemG? Is is some kind of additive?
Subodh Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:13   #138
BHPian

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey dudes from Hyd, does any of you know where Reliance petrol bunks are located? Any near Raj Bhavan Road?
Thanks
I remember seeing one near BHEL/ Patanchervu, some one mentioned there is one in Sec'bad: not sure where.
sreenivass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 23:55   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post

Toyota doesnt recommend Premium diesel for its Innova - its known to create excess smoke and decrease in engine o/p. But thats due to Toyota detuning that diesel engine for higher-sulfur normal diesel
thanx..i was always wondering why my innova give so much black smoke.

but Shinrai toyota never said anything when i complained about the excess exhaust gasses.
jalsa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 10:59   #140
Senior - BHPian

When we got the car in 2005 (Zen), for the first month I used SPEED. After the 1st service the engineer asked me what Fuel I use. When I told him that I am using speed; he informed me not to use it as it is not recommened by Maruti.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 18:08   #141
BHPian

well, i've been using premium petrol on my 2000 MPFI 800 for 6 years now and infact the perfomance and the refinement is much better with the premium petrol. The heat build up is also noticeably less compared to the lower octane petrol.

So I don't think premium petrols would be a problem.

drive on,
shibu.
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Before I got my car- the dealer had put in regluar fuel and had left it in the yard for a month. This apparently blocked the injector and the car was missing- so they cleaned the injector- and he Service manager asked me to fill regular fuel with SystemG. have not headed his advice and have only been putting Speed. The other day - i had filled a tankful of regular fuel - it appeared that i got a better mileage - thinking back that is. Maybe I should try regular fuel with SystemG for a while.
I am always having happy times with SystemG, the engine of my wagonR feels smooth with this, and alos I get 20 kmpl on highway at around 90 kmph speeds.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2007, 14:45   #143
BHPian

Guys,

I am a regular SystemG user for my IKON along with Shell normal, I found its very good for my car.

Smooth handling , responsive and decent FE .

System G is sold across most of the IBP filling stations costs around 220-250rs.

Using SystemG one is assured of good qlty product mix with the normal petrol.
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 10:56   #144

In the User Manual of my new Cedia, I found the spec saying Octane 91 fuel. Does this mean only premium fuel like Speed and Power, or will regular fuel work ?
mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 18:52   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrake View Post
In the User Manual of my new Cedia, I found the spec saying Octane 91 fuel. Does this mean only premium fuel like Speed and Power, or will regular fuel work ?
Almost every manufacturer recommends 91 octane fuel, but they didnt mean to use fuel with additives. So better you avoid fuels with additives like speed and x tra premium. And there are few cities where we get 91 octane petrol without additives, and shell and reliance are believed to be 91 octane rated.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 19:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

Shell Normal Petrol is 91 octane without additives and Shell Super Petrol is 91 octane with additives, this is confirmed officially.

About Other fuels like BP, Indian oil website say normal Petrol is 87 octane and Premium one is 91 octane with additives.

From last 2 weeks I started using Indian oil Normal Petrol for my Innova and FE is same or slightly better since I did 2nd service from the time I started using Indian oil. Here onwards I planned to stick to Indian oil normal Petrol. From last 4+ years I used BP Petrol either normal or speed.

Main issue with Fuel is its quantity in Bunks not quality I feel. Now a days rule is so that no one can't mix anything with Fuel. I can see clearly in same bunk with different Fuel dispensor quantity is different. I have tried this more than 6 time.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 20:09   #147
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Main issue with Fuel is its quantity in Bunks not quality I feel. Now a days rule is so that no one can't mix anything with Fuel. I can see clearly in same bunk with different Fuel dispensor quantity is different. I have tried this more than 6 time.
Quality is also very much an issue, according to my experience. In Kedari Sevice Station (Kondhwa, Pune) there are two fueling points for Speed, one for two-wheelers and one for cars. I insist on using the one for two-wheelers despite the fact that it takes much longer to dispense 20-25 lits. I find that the car's pickup and top speed is much worse when I use the four-wheeler fueling point. Also on one occasion when I switched to normal petrol from Speed at the same bunk, my fuel pump misbehaved on the way to Mumbai. This was probably due to adulteration, since the octane number of both should be 91.

In Mumbai also I find a substantial improvement in the car's performance when I use the BP bunk near Sion Circle, as opposed to the one near King's Circle Garden. The latter also cheats on quantity.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 20:18   #148
Senior - BHPian

I do agree that I noticed better performance when filled in Bangalore and outside bangalore few Bunks have bad quality fuels. Sorry for not mentioining Quality is not an issue in big cities and in most of the Bunks, Thereare bunks where quality has issue I do agree

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2007, 20:41   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subodh Kumar View Post
What is SystemG? Is is some kind of additive?
Iftex System G is an injector/carburettor cleaner for Petrol Engines. Available for INR 250/- at most Bharat Petroleum bunks. Add not more than 1ml per liter of petrol.

This product (for petrol engines) comes in a green transparent plastic bottle. For the diesel counterparts the product is called Iftex System D and comes in a red transparent plastic bottle.

Alternate brand you can try out is Sonax and its equally good too.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2007, 11:38   #150
rks
BANNED

I have started using Speed 97. My Santro handles this fuel with no problems. The power and pick-up are about same as with unadulterated Speed (see my previous post). With adulterated Speed, the car struggles to hit 140 kmph, and top speed seems to come down by 5-10 kmph; pick-up is noticeably lower. I used to think that these variations in top speed and pick-up were due to other factors but now I am convinced that it is due to adulterated fuel. Henceforth I plan to use Speed 97, which is given only in selected bunks and is probably unadulterated.
rks is offline   Reply With Quote