| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|5th February 2007, 11:03||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 140 Times
New Swift Questions
I have 3 questions regrading my new Swift which i took delivery on 25-Jan-07:
1. Do i need to worry about alignment/balancing?
2. Do i need Pollution Certificate in Banglore?
3. In the first free service (1000K/1 Month), can i change the engine oil to Castrol Magnatec? Or is it advisable to go with MG only.
P.S. Moderators, i searched a lot but couldn't find any on-the-spot answers to these qustions. Please do move this thread to where it belongs, if this is not the correct place.
|5th February 2007, 11:11||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 19,361 Times
1. Unless you feel the car wobbling or swaying you dont need to worry about alignment or balancing.
2. You don't need a PUC certificate for the first 6 months.
3. No don't need to change the oil to magnatec. Stick with mineral oil. For more info on this go through the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html (ARTICLE: Synthetic oil vs Mineral oil)
Stick with mineral oil for first 5k-10k kms after that you can change if you wish to a fully synthetic oil.
Magnatec is semi synthetic.
|5th February 2007, 11:19||#3|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Thanked: 1,470 Times
2. Not with a new car
3. No. Warranty will be voided otherwise. Till the duration of the free services, let the Maruti service centers do their stuff - which includes MG engine oil. Stick with mineral oils till 10000 km - then shift to synthetic.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Swift Free Service & some rain driving questions||carboy||Technical Stuff||10||18th November 2010 18:06|
|New Civic 1.8V AT. Questions questions...||ImmortalZ||Sedans||6||12th June 2008 09:49|
|Swift Questions||aseem||Hatchbacks||10||5th September 2007 00:01|
|Swift ICE AMP questions||hyper-VTEC||In-Car Entertainment||3||17th April 2007 16:52|
|Swift Questions||madhukesh||Modifications & Accessories||1||15th April 2006 22:33|