| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|20th February 2007, 14:21||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Middletown CT USA
Thanked: 10 Times
Whats a Wet Nitrous?
I was thinking of putting a nitrous kit onto the current setup of my Palio. Please keep in mind that i just have my exhaust and induction done up yet. Dont get shocked by the idea, I just wanted to get more info on this before i move in for the kill My tuner here told me that you can go in for a wet nitrous kit directly on to this setup... I've got some queries on this now..
1. What exactly does a wet nitrous kit contain and how does is it different from the normal ones?
2. How much would the power go upto when in nitrous mode?
2. Would it need any other addon, like FMU, turbo, performance cams/pistons or any other?
3. How much would it effect the wear and tear of the engine and what should i do extra as part of my regular maintance cycle?
|20th February 2007, 14:34||#2|
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Avon, CT
Thanked: 1,572 Times
Wet NOS systems have fuel with them during injection into the throttle body. They're supposed to keep the petrol-air mixture lean by balancing out the extra O2 from the N02. Their disadvantage is bad backfiring.
Last edited by theMAG : 20th February 2007 at 14:35.
|20th February 2007, 17:49||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Thanked: 35 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
In dry systems you have only Nitrous being injected into the TB , however in case of wet nitrous kit you have both fuel and Nitrous being injected into the throttle body or the intake manifold depending on whether its a single shot or a multiport kit .. Advantages with the multiport kit is that each cylinder recieves a equal share of NOS and fuel and thus the power delivery is smoother and better .. Also the loss is less compared to the single shot ..
Things to keep in mind while at it :
1. Choose the right amount of NOS shot you want .. Too much and you will fry your internals ..
2. If you are going out and out for drag racing , then better get forged conrods , pistons to help you go higher on the shot ..
3. Also make sure that you dont increase your compression because that will again lead to engine trouble .. For eg on a baleno with stock compression one can go upto a safe 50-65 shot .. However on lowering the compression i know of cars running 100 shot at CR of 8.0:1 ..
4. Also firing of NOS continously loads the engine a lot , so ought to be used wisely ..
5. Against the normal scheme of things one will need colder range spark plugs and not the hot range ones ..
6. Bottle pressures should be maintained at about 900psi for optimum performance .. Any lower or higher might lead to improper power delivery ..
These are just a few points to remember , others will follow with the rest soon ..
But the feeling of being pulled ahead on firing NOS is something else .. Though its a cheaper and easier way to go faster , i would always prefer going TC .. Can be used almost daily , but setting it up is the problem ..
|21st February 2007, 04:16||#4|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
for your set up i`d say a single fogger dry 50-75 shot will do the job , any more would require a forged rebuild . depends what hp u chasing. rest as mclaren1885 said!
|22nd February 2007, 12:43||#5|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 25,037 Times
Please check this excellent thread out > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ed-2-know.html
|22nd February 2007, 16:27||#7|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2005
Thanked: 38 Times
|7th May 2007, 04:52||#9|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Thanked: 2 Times
install in progress
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Whats double clutching & whats the reason to use it||_Crazi4Speed_||Technical Stuff||109||25th February 2016 08:49|
|Air filter got wet in Octavia 1.9 TDI||sinhsha||Technical Stuff||5||26th September 2007 10:24|
|wet clutch vs dry clutch and slippers clutches||devsus||Motorbikes||7||16th May 2006 10:08|
|Whats the fastest i.e whats the highest average speeds that you have maintained||naveendhyani||Street Experiences||1||3rd April 2006 18:09|
|Whats the fastest i.e whats the highest average speeds that you have maintained||MKRAFT||Street Experiences||1||3rd April 2006 17:25|