Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd March 2007, 08:49   #1
Default How to change the timing in a Santro Xing

My Santro Xing Erlx runs on LPG but the performance and FE are not at all good. I have read in a few threads here that advancing the timing by a few degrees in an LPG car greatly helps in the performance and FE. I checked with a mechanic regarding this and he says that timing cannot be changed in this model of the Santro as the distributor and the ignition system are very advanced and are electronic type or something like that, he wasnt very sure how to explain it but said it cannot be done. It seems the it can be done in the older models of santro like zip drive and zip plus as its system is different from that of the new models. I'd like to request advice and suggestions from fellow Bhpians regarding this problem. Thanking you all in advance.
prem456 is offline   Reply With Quote