Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th March 2007, 18:16   #16
BHPian

First... I offer you my sympathy. It's indeed very painful to see your baby scratched. But, your post should have been under Street Experiences section. You may read mine at -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/21689-small-accident-parking-lot.html (Small accident in parking lot :((()

My Zen's body was badly damaged in a parking lot itself. They are the worst places for your car.

Now, I suggest you take your car to a professional auto-body painter, rather than trying out nail-polish stuff. Am sure it's gonna chip away after 24 hours. The professionals do an exact color matching, and you won't even recognize the paint job. My car is now almost as new. You'll be surprised, if you look at the 'Before'-pics. If you stay near Kothrud, goto Arihant motors. It's near Hotel Mirch Masala. If it's a minor touch-up job, it should cost you less than Rs. 500.
amu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 19:24   #17
BHPian

If its a very small scratch, then try Scratchout. It removes small scratches. My car accessory dealer used the same for removing the minor scratches on my car. The scratches can't be made out now.

Check with local car accessory dealers, they should have one
Formula 1 - Carnauba Wax
icemanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 11:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
First... I offer you my sympathy. It's indeed very painful to see your baby scratched. But, your post should have been under Street Experiences section. You may read mine at -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/21689-small-accident-parking-lot.html (Small accident in parking lot :((()

My Zen's body was badly damaged in a parking lot itself. They are the worst places for your car.

Now, I suggest you take your car to a professional auto-body painter, rather than trying out nail-polish stuff. Am sure it's gonna chip away after 24 hours. The professionals do an exact color matching, and you won't even recognize the paint job. My car is now almost as new. You'll be surprised, if you look at the 'Before'-pics. If you stay near Kothrud, goto Arihant motors. It's near Hotel Mirch Masala. If it's a minor touch-up job, it should cost you less than Rs. 500.
Amu1983 - Many thanks for this..I stay in Chinchwad and come to office on Karve road. Will check this out. Hope these guys will do it professionally.
abhaybakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 12:24   #19
BHPian

I use to get this done free by my Maurti Service guys for my SWIFT. It is best done by them for deep scratches. I have tried Scratch out as well, which is good for very minor scratches.

Last edited by goldsun : 7th March 2007 at 12:25.
goldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 15:34   #20
BHPian

There is an exact match in a Spray Paint called Com-Paint - Silky silver for Swift marketed from Delhi. Costs about 250 bucks.
I purchased from V.K. Enterprises , Opera House, Mumbai
(Contact No. 23818650, 9324469681 ). Its a good product.
For Pune details you may mail to kamal@com-paint.com
One Mr. Kakkar replies to the mail.
emkay456 is offline   Reply With Quote