Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 20:45   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Tuning turbo charged engines.

Have a look at what this guy from India can do for engines from varied manufacturers. Wondering if he could do anything for the ECU of my GTX though I gather from the article he tunes only turbo charged engines. Bye and wear your seat belts.

Vishnu Tuning Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - AutoWeek

Vishnu Tuning Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - AutoWeek
drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 20:47   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

AFAIK, Vishnu only does Evos and Imprezas.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 20:51   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Drat!!
wish he was doing other ecus too. would've loved to mail him my miata ecu for further remapping!!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 20:55   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
ported_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 2,391
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Drat!!
wish he was doing other ecus too. would've loved to mail him my miata ecu for further remapping!!
Your Miata is TC??
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 20:56   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Drat!!
wish he was doing other ecus too. would've loved to mail him my miata ecu for further remapping!!
Why don't you just turbo it?!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 04:02   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Why don't you just turbo it?!
I had been thinking about it but a Miata after all is a small car and i honestly dont fel very safe driving in her. I would rather turbo a fixed head (coupe or a 4-door) ...dont know it handles gggrrreeat but still feels really fragile to turbo and even with the remapping, i would not go in for an absurd power increase, its fast enough to be scary already...but does she sound like a million bucks even now. Id be open to turboing the Palio (when i get it finally). it would be interesting to know where the turbo would fit in an already cramped engine bay.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 04:17   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Posts: 4,836
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I had been thinking about it but a Miata after all is a small car and i honestly dont fel very safe driving in her. I would rather turbo a fixed head (coupe or a 4-door) ...dont know it handles gggrrreeat but still feels really fragile to turbo and even with the remapping, i would not go in for an absurd power increase, its fast enough to be scary already...but does she sound like a million bucks even now. Id be open to turboing the Palio (when i get it finally). it would be interesting to know where the turbo would fit in an already cramped engine bay.
Well, I've seen a couple of supercharged V8s in Miatas, and they REALLY have cramped engine bays. How about just a low boost turbo, for some added punch?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 04:25   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
V-16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4,575
Thanked: 844 Times
Default

that is thinkable but i was thinking of an upgrade from the Miata to something more hard core...what i havnt decided on as will all depend on what and for how much it comes in my way.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2007, 04:35   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 2 Times
Default GTX ECU remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Have a look at what this guy from India can do for engines from varied manufacturers. Wondering if he could do anything for the ECU of my GTX though I gather from the article he tunes only turbo charged engines. Bye and wear your seat belts.

Vishnu Tuning Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - AutoWeek

Vishnu Tuning Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - AutoWeek
you can either remap your GTX ECU from DMTuning belgium{ web set} like i did or contact regal motorsports in the UK [ google them] just be sure you want to spend the money[ about 300E].
air870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lamborghini: Turbo-charged engines coming up sarathlal The International Automotive Scene 6 13th July 2015 13:39
Turbo charged INDIA Vulken Auto Modifications & Accessories 24 19th May 2006 11:00
Of Turbo-charged Lancers and Honda City Vtecs... GTO The Indian Car Scene 32 17th May 2006 14:35
The Dawn of Turbo Diesel Tuning in INDIA - Pete's Tuning Box turboindia Modifications & Accessories 108 17th April 2006 12:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks