Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 12:50   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
spadival's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 1,770
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
45bhp with a Chip is

Take that with a bucket full of salt, you wont even get 20bhp. 45bhp is almost 50% gain in power, you think its possible?
Does the Escort engine generate 45bhp in the first place? The Indian ones were so underpowered, especially the diesel Escort. Driving them was a horrifying experience.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 19:03   #317
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Does the Escort engine generate 45bhp in the first place? The Indian ones were so underpowered, especially the diesel Escort. Driving them was a horrifying experience.
The OLD 4 gear gypsy developed 45 ish HP , clever gear ratios made it adequate.
I am sure the escort developed some more HP. Never drove the diesel though , now thats a dirty diesel engine.
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 23:14   #318
BHPian
 
chetanhanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 886
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Absolutely -- these chips are like small computers. Actually 2 chips are the way to go. Then it is like a dual core computer in your ECU. All of the signals get processed almost twice as fast and the car is much more responsive. I heard claims of 45-60bhp, but I think 30+ is more realistic and repeatable. Putting more than 2 chips in will require more complex work as the voltage supplies need to be beefed up to handle the chips as well as cooling needs to be increased. Talking about cooling, these chips run hot and are located in the engine bay so adding heatsink to chip (even the stock one) will help. For advanced applications water cooling can also be applied.



B
hahahahaah how did I miss this .....
dude I know u are joking ..nice one
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 18:57   #319
BHPian
 
Ford Rocam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-India
Posts: 880
Thanked: 16 Times
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Absolutely -- these chips are like small computers. Actually 2 chips are the way to go. Then it is like a dual core computer in your ECU. All of the signals get processed almost twice as fast and the car is much more responsive. I heard claims of 45-60bhp, but I think 30+ is more realistic and repeatable. Putting more than 2 chips in will require more complex work as the voltage supplies need to be beefed up to handle the chips as well as cooling needs to be increased. Talking about cooling, these chips run hot and are located in the engine bay so adding heatsink to chip (even the stock one) will help. For advanced applications water cooling can also be applied.



B
Lol i could not resist laughing out on that one.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 21st March 2008 at 18:59.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 19:21   #320
BHPian
 
Ignazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Turin-Italy
Posts: 128
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Absolutely -- these chips are like small computers. Actually 2 chips are the way to go. Then it is like a dual core computer in your ECU. All of the signals get processed almost twice as fast and the car is much more responsive. I heard claims of 45-60bhp, but I think 30+ is more realistic and repeatable. Putting more than 2 chips in will require more complex work as the voltage supplies need to be beefed up to handle the chips as well as cooling needs to be increased. Talking about cooling, these chips run hot and are located in the engine bay so adding heatsink to chip (even the stock one) will help. For advanced applications water cooling can also be applied.



B
Very funny indeed!!!
It sounds like x-ray glasses....
Ciao ciao

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd March 2008 at 07:11. Reason: 3 smileys.
Ignazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 07:14   #321
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,364
Thanked: 22,568 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
....as well as cooling needs to be increased. Talking about cooling, these chips run hot and are located in the engine bay so adding heatsink to chip (even the stock one) will help. For advanced applications water cooling can also be applied.


OT: but hopefully of some value...

Actually was just watching something about the change of rules in F1 for 2008 and they were showcasing the ECU, which some teams house in the radiator shroud, in front of the radiator for better cooling as it runs at about 100*centigrade!! (They havent got to the water cooling stage as yet )

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:43   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Actually was just watching something about the change of rules in F1 for 2008 and they were showcasing the ECU, which some teams house in the radiator shroud, in front of the radiator for better cooling as it runs at about 100*centigrade!! (They havent got to the water cooling stage as yet )
So Rehaan you think that using this chip in F1 cars can also boost their power by 45-60 bhp??
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 22:36   #323
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So Rehaan you think that using this chip in F1 cars can also boost their power by 45-60 bhp??
Man my stomach is aching! And i am literally rolling in the ground and laughing like a mad man, this is so hilarious!!

You know F1 cars have 2 radiator scoops so i guess 4 chips are possible and then it will be like the Intel Quadcore for F1. And guess what? a whole 90-120BHP increase!!!...LOLZZZ
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2008, 23:41   #324
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Talking

Man never seen anything so hilarious!!
Guys did you read that advert in that linky, the mention of "REAL" performance chip and that too for 13$ which mean 45BHP for Rs.520. I'll put these chips in every corner of my car. That ways i should buy 22 chips which means Rs.11440 and somehow combine them or put them all around the engine bay and maybe mix a few of them with the engine oil, a couple of them in the exhaust and my car is up by 990BHP.
Pete's you have got serious competition.
And check out the other advert "performance and fuel saver chip"...i really want to meet the manufacturer, he should be given the nobel prize for such an invention man to get both performance and fuel efficiency together and that too for $19 so cost effectiveness aswell.LOLZZZ!!!
My stomach is about to burst now!
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2008, 23:37   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
OT: but hopefully of some value...

Actually was just watching something about the change of rules in F1 for 2008 and they were showcasing the ECU, which some teams house in the radiator shroud, in front of the radiator for better cooling as it runs at about 100*centigrade!! (They havent got to the water cooling stage as yet )

cya
R
HEAVY , don't know how that is happening , always wondered , I think they should try Sony Toshiba and IBM's PS 3 Cell processor. Some ultra fine architecture .
Cant believe they are pushing whatever chip they are using to 100` C !
cyneverdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 14:31   #326
BHPian
 
Sprucegoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 311
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Just saw this thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
HEAVY , don't know how that is happening , always wondered , I think they should try Sony Toshiba and IBM's PS 3 Cell processor. Some ultra fine architecture .
Cant believe they are pushing whatever chip they are using to 100` C !

Nice one...

but this is for entusiasts only
for the everyday consumer the XBox 360 procc should be used.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 15:21   #327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: Once
Default

I still feel my PS2 chips are best, would not mind recommending the PS3 chips but then only for the blue ray compatible engines.

While we are at it, I wanna buy bolt on chips for my "instant bhp power" to my zen estillo. Now only if i can figure out how to bolt/tie/clip/pin my ps2 chips we will be rocking.

Once that's done we all gonna enroll for a rally and i bet more chips wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Just saw this thread..




Nice one...

but this is for entusiasts only
for the everyday consumer the XBox 360 procc should be used.
Porus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:51   #328
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 682
Thanked: 985 Times
Default

Well what most 'chips' do is increase the resolution of the Air/Feul map on the ECU. For example if your ECU had one feul value for ever 1/60th of rpm, a 'chip' can map one feul value for 1/1000th of rpm. So your resolution of the A/F map increases and your engine can more effectively manage fuel, your power will go up. Most of these 'chips' come preloaded with these tables already populated. This is what yeilds your power increase. HOWEVER, your car still has the upper hand and the correction tables in your ECU will eventually balance this to a lower level.
Buying a chip, buy one which can replace both your stock tables and learned tables. That will yeild a sustained power. Also nothing like getting a good tune after a chipping. THAT yeilds the most power.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 10:14   #329
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 218
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porus View Post
I still feel my PS2 chips are best, would not mind recommending the PS3 chips but then only for the blue ray compatible engines.

While we are at it, I wanna buy bolt on chips for my "instant bhp power" to my zen estillo. Now only if i can figure out how to bolt/tie/clip/pin my ps2 chips we will be rocking.

Once that's done we all gonna enroll for a rally and i bet more chips wins.
vat man tallking about PS2 PS3 chips?
get a barrel of Pringles chips. you will get about 50 chips for 100 rupees. they contain a lot of calories too. more calories = more energy = more power.
they are also fully biodegradable and can be used as food if your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere unable to handle the BHP increase.

now where is my Nobel Prize?
blacmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2009, 12:26   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
revtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,988
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
Absolutely -- these chips are like small computers. Actually 2 chips are the way to go. Then it is like a dual core computer in your ECU. All of the signals get processed almost twice as fast and the car is much more responsive. I heard claims of 45-60bhp, but I think 30+ is more realistic and repeatable. Putting more than 2 chips in will require more complex work as the voltage supplies need to be beefed up to handle the chips as well as cooling needs to be increased. Talking about cooling, these chips run hot and are located in the engine bay so adding heatsink to chip (even the stock one) will help. For advanced applications water cooling can also be applied.



B
haha this was hilarious.even after reading it a couple of times it still cracks me up
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Dude wheres your car? The "invisible" car from Merc vinod332002 The International Automotive Scene 13 6th July 2012 17:18
Rtech dude......correct if i'm wrong. Shan2nu Shifting gears 16 20th May 2004 17:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks