Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 13:13   #1
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 561
Thanked: 25 Times
Lightbulb Any good trustable mechanic?

Hi Bangaloreans,
I'm in a process of buying an Alto Lxi.As this is my first car and not much knowing about the details of the car, i thought of taking a trust worthy mechanic while taking delivery of my new car. Any bangaloreans know any good mechanic(i don't bother to give him a few bugs) who can accompany me during the process of delivery? Thanks.

Kiran.
ramki067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 13:22   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
good mechanic(i don't bother to give him a few bugs) who can accompany me during the process of delivery? Thanks.

Kiran.

bugs????? u mean bucks right!! anyway. there is this guy babu.. works for Mandovi motors Wilson garden.. talk to him..

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 13:43   #3
BHPian
 
ajitkommini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 483
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

Do you really need a mechanic to accompany you when buying a new car? IF it were second hand I would agree, but if it's brand new you probably dont need to take a mechanic along.
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 16:18   #4
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 561
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
bugs????? u mean bucks right!! anyway. there is this guy babu.. works for Mandovi motors Wilson garden.. talk to him..

Godfather
sorry for the spelling mistake....yeah its bucks! lol. God father any info on how much he may ask?

Last edited by ramki067 : 16th April 2007 at 16:21.
ramki067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2007, 16:20   #5
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 561
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Do you really need a mechanic to accompany you when buying a new car? IF it were second hand I would agree, but if it's brand new you probably dont need to take a mechanic along.
well ajit.. i saw the pre-delivery check list on this site and it recommended a mechanic or a relative. So i chose a mechanic.Its worth going with a mechanic right!
ramki067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 01:40   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
Rehaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 22,367
Thanked: 22,579 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
well ajit.. i saw the pre-delivery check list on this site and it recommended a mechanic or a relative. So i chose a mechanic.Its worth going with a mechanic right!
Hey Ramki067,

I'm not sure the article mentions "mechanic"....
It would make sense to have a mechanic look at a used car you planned to buy, but for a brand new one its a bit of an overkill...

Heres what the Article (link) says -

Quote:
5. Third Person: It’s always a good idea to take a relative / friend along for suggestions, observations and comments.
In this case i would just take a family member or friend.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baleno Suspension overhaul:any good & reasonable mechanic in South Delhi/Noida kannyrocks Technical Stuff 16 12th December 2011 13:15
Any Harley Davidson Mechanic in Chennai or Bangalore? shrini78 Superbikes & Imports 7 5th July 2010 01:49
Good mechanic for RX100 in Noida / Delhi? vaasu Motorbikes 6 8th December 2009 16:44
Need a good mechanic. Hellcat Motorbikes 4 23rd July 2005 15:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks