Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th January 2009, 19:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_7703 View Post
Any explanation on this phenomena? Is there something that makes the tyre pressure increases on its own(when the car is not running). Should i advice him to change the back tyres to new ones? (Car ran only 15000 kms)
Advice him to buy pneumatic tyre pressure gauge . Petrol pump gaugeas are not accurate and differences of +/- 5 are not uncommon
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 19:44   #32
BHPian

My sister and mother also complained nausea problem with Octavia 1.9 TDI when driving in village roads.
Ramesh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 08:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default Correct tyre pressures for Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_7703 View Post
Hi JRD,

Please tell me, whether the issues faced by your elder brother's friend has been resolved or not? if yes how... could you please check.

My friend who owns a laura has the same issue and doubts the rolling (boat like movement in the back seat - Anti roll bar might help in this case, but never tried) as the culprit. Anyways he gets occassional resolution by adjusting the tyre pressure to 28-29 psi whenever he takes the car for a drive.

Raj

Hi,

Just thought that everyone here might benefit to know that the correct tyre pressures for the Laura (with light load) is 31 psi for front and 29 psi for the rear.

Furthermore there is no way that the cold tyre pressure can increase by itself!
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 18:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Default Not restricted to Lauras

Some Honda owners too are complaining about the carsickness in back seats. Please see the thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1204235
Old 9th March 2009, 09:43   #35
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Airbag fault

My wife complains of the same dizzy fealing problem in my Laura (Back Seat Only), and so have a few other persons, but not all. I think it is people specific and is a trait of the Laura. Air, flow and Tyre pressures are correct.

What i came to this thread for was to see if there is something that we as customers can do about the AirBag Fault problem in the Laura that recurrs frequently.

Last time was about 20,000 kms back around the 30,000 kms mark for my car. (it is presently at 54000 kms.)

just got it back from servicing and on the second day have found the irritating airbag fault comment and orange light on in the MFD.

Last time (20k kms back) the service centre (JMD Andheri - which is now burnt down) would keep on reseting the lights and it would be back on in a week or so. They some engineer put in a fair bit of time and found the fault related to a socket that had kept becoming loose due to resedue formation and I guess a shot of WD40 took care of that till now.

1) Can such errors be removed / deleted by the Customers themselves with out the VAS. (computer link). ?
2) An specific socket that should be looked at first be us ourselves - based on any knowledge that we have on the forum ?
3) Any long term solution to this problem. (Besides selling the car.) ?
4) What would be appropriate charges for the service centre to bill us for taking care of this problem?

Frankly the Laura has taken me to the service centre more often than the Tata Safari. So Indian car reliablity is quite comparable to the Skoda. Though Hondas and Toyotas are way ahead.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 11:09   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Airbag fault resolution

Got the Airbag fault rectified.

Intermittent problem with the contact as per the VAS in the Service centre.

They charged me about Rs. 600 to remove the fault (VAS charges) and to spary the contact with with WD40 to ensure better contact.

They manitain the long term solution is to replace the wiring harness on both sides that go from below the front seats. (from the front seat belt to the front airbags on each side). Rs, 1400 each side.

total cost of about Rs. 3000. Since the last time I got the WD40 spray done was about 23000 kms back, decided to wait and see if the light comes on again, if it does before the next servicing then will get the wiring harness replaced.
Old 6th May 2009, 12:54   #37

Default Going to consumer court against SKODA

We lived with utmost dissatisfaction with the Skoda Laura for the past 3 years (Bought in Aug 2006). Could not even drive for more than an hour continuously in this car before someone vomits.

After the first complaint made (May 2008) to the Skoda India Headquarters, dealer took some interest in investigating the issue and no solutions have been provided. We spent a lot of money on changing the suspension, changing the tyres and other charges as part of the investigations. Had to change the battery as well in between right after the car crossing 12,000 Mark. SKODA BATTERY LASTED FOR ONLY 12000 KM. what a shame.

Finally we have decided to go to consumer court and we are filing the case in a matter of days.

Is there any special things i should be taking care while filing the case... Please suggest your opineons...

Ranjith
ranjithbalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 16:05   #38
BHPian

what a SHAME on Skoda, not able to provide comfortable Ride to their customers, Such a good car, with such a bad review makes it look CRAP.

Have you tried replacing the Back seat all together, ask a friend who could spare you his Laura back seat for testing, just a thought if it could be some bumps coming from extra/faulty cushion.

Iam not a lawyer but having a few written testimonials may help you when you submit the docs, Don't forget to include all the documents and written proofs of your problems discussed with the company and the dealer.

If possible look for other Laura Owners in your town, discuss with them, and if more people have similar problems, you would be in a better situation to prove it.

You spent 3 hard years struggling with it, if you can't go with consumer court way, due to lack of written proofs etc, fastest way of over-coming it would be to change your car to a non-skoda car.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 16:55   #39
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajithbalan would suggest that you have your family try out the experience in other skodas and make doubly sure that this is specific to that piece (car).

My wife too feels nausious in the rear of my Laura very often, but then some other dont and some others do.

If there is something that the Skoda guys have admitted to in writting it will help if it is not documented, then verbal comments would end up being retracted and not go in your favour.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:25   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Rajithbalan would suggest that you have your family try out the experience in other skodas and make doubly sure that this is specific to that piece (car).

My wife too feels nausious in the rear of my Laura very often, but then some other dont and some others do.

If there is something that the Skoda guys have admitted to in writting it will help if it is not documented, then verbal comments would end up being retracted and not go in your favour.
As part of investigation, my father and driver took another laura which came for service at the Dealer and test driven it. There was absolutely no problem. It was a comfortable drive.

Also i have written email communication happened with Skoda and they have aknowledged that they will try to rectify the issue soon. Other than this they have not given any written proof regarding what they have agreed.

Already know of another person who has same kind of issue in his Laura as well. Connecting this person with the case, would it give any benefits to us?

Ranjith
Old 18th August 2009, 17:43   #41

Recently found that whenever there are luggages in the trunk (25+ Kgs), People felt absolutely no sickness in the backseat. Around 4-5 trips we did with luggages in the trunk gave no sickness to the back seat passengers. A Soft Suspension to Blame?
Old 24th August 2009, 17:01   #42
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep during a 400 kms trip yesterday with luggage bay loaded with 7-8 mid sized bags, no one compalined of nausia. Maybe you have the solution on hand.
Old 24th August 2009, 17:55   #43
BHPian

What else can we hear about Skoda cars !

I just cant understand what could be wrong.
I have travelled in a skoda Laura from Mumbai to Pune and i almost puked back in mumbai late night.

Though i thought it was exhaustion rather than Skoda !
God Knows !

Good luck Ranjit.
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 01:26   #44
BHPian

Default Much better nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post

I have travelled in a skoda Laura from Mumbai to Pune and i almost puked back in mumbai late night.

God Knows !

Good luck Ranjit.
My Parents took a 400 kms up and down drive in the Laura 2 days ago through ghat section(A total of 18 hair pin curves) and long strectch of S curves and offcourse with luggages in the Trunk (approx 20 Kgs both sides) and they felt the drive very comfortable. They felt Neither the dizziness nor the discomfort which we used to feel within the first 10 mnts of the drive even in the highways.

Preying to God this so called solution be permanent. And the surprising fact is that, when we mentioned this to the Mechanics at Skoda, they are like, maybe an issue with suspension? etc etc. End of day i understood that these guys at Skoda does not know much about its suspension.

Ranjith
raj_7703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 01:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post

God Knows !

Good luck Ranjit.
We did an overnight TBHP drive from Hyderabad to the coast and back - about 700 Kms in all. 350 kms each day. We car-pooled so the rear seat of my Laura was always occupied (by several different TBHPians). No one complained.

Incidentally the Laura suspensions is stiff and not soft.

Cheers,