| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|16th March 2010, 11:42||#46|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Thanked: 0 Times
Almost Found a Solution????
It has been quite long since i updated this thread which i started almost 3 years ago. In Between, i did lot of research (thanks very much for the Team BHP), lot of trials and finally found several feasible small things which helped us resolve it to a great extent if not 100%.
We have been facing dizziness and Nausea ever since we bought this Laura and so many had suggested me to try a Anti Roll Bar, a new suspension, new tyres etc etc ...
First and foremost thing we tried was changing the suspension of the Laura and it did not help improve the situation. Then we changed the tyres and still no help. Backseat passengers still complained about the dizziness in the back.
One day i noticed when there are luggages in the trunk, the ride becomes comfortable, or rather people were not complaining about Nausea. Hence i put some weight (around 20Kg) inside the trunk and i could say the problem is half over.
Second thing i noticed (it was quite late then), that none of the passengers in the backseat were wearing seatbelts. Made it mandatory to wear the seatbelts in the back. Bang, After this change, and after almost 5000 kms (6 months), only once or twice people complained about nausea. otherwise the ride was good and No one ever had any problem. Also found that if someone is not wearing seatbelts, they are prone to dizziness.
1. Wore the seatbelts always in the backseats
2. Maintain the correct tyre pressure atleast after every 1000 kms.
3. Skoda Laura Backseat is tall and hence shorter people will find difficult to sit comfortably as the neck rest wont fit perfectly adding to the issue. Hence for shorter people, kept a Cushion in the form of a square pillow on the seat to increase the height of the passengers making sure that neckrest will fit correctly. (Have to look for a good Upholstery work in Bangalore or coimbatore. any help will be appreciated)
4. Leather smell - Opened the windows frequently to let fresh air in. Also used a Car Perfume (light Jasmine)
5. Weight in the trunk (applicable to this particular case only)
I hope this solution will be a permanent one. Thanks once again for all the help. Also could anybody tell me how to change the title of the thread?
Please feel free to mail or contact me for any more details on this case.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread||anandbhat||Technical Stuff||1129||16th December 2017 15:46|
|Skoda Laura DSG Problems!!||V-16||Technical Stuff||20||31st December 2016 16:25|
|Problems with my Skoda Laura. And the resolution.||ACM||Long-Term Ownership Reviews||50||15th June 2014 00:40|
|Skoda Laura Ambiente-cheaper Laura||deuce-deuce||The Indian Car Scene||94||11th July 2008 06:53|