Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd September 2007, 22:53   #46
BHPian

Hi,
Is anybody having a performance clutch for the swift
archerdyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:14   #47
BHPian

I also drive a swift and for better shifting,i change the gear while pressing the clutch only half way.But the clutch hasn't given me any problem till now.
kroniq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 10:21   #48
BHPian

What would be the cost of replacing the clutch (spares + labour) OEM as well as Daikin. Please let me know.
bill1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 19:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

anyone had a look at the brand of clutch which is used as oem and the faulty one? please let me know.
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 22:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

My swift has done 32000+ kms & I had recently observed that while releasing the clutch in 1st gear, it shudders. This happens only in 1st gear.

It's very difficult to drive in heavy city traffic conditions, where I need to engage 1st gear often or even stay in 1st gear for 200 or 300 mtrs. Even the passengers could feel the jolt.

I have a doubt, whether am I not releasing the clutch properly i.e holding the leg for more time with clutch pressed half way (not smoothly releasing it)

But the chances are less for the above as also I had driven my friends Swift extensively in such conditions and never faced that problem.

Is this a clutch problem?

Do I need to get it replaced or any workaround is possible.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2007, 23:09   #51
BHPian

HI guys,
just bought a used ZXI..it is in pristine condition with 18Ks but the clutch seems to have some minor juddering....i guess its got max 15K left in it..but the spares are cheap so it should be cool. But my Hyundai accent got a new one at 85000 KM!!!!
sudarshansarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 23:16   #52
BHPian

I have similar problems on my Swift Vxi.I have a regular problem of a burning or acid kind of smell coming from the exhaust, and reduced power. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...swift.htmlWhen (burning smell on swift) taken to Maruti, they told that the problem was the timing belt and fuel clearance and had that fixed but the problem showed signs after a month. Now in first gear when i release clutch, there is a jerk at half clutch, and there is a jerk with every gear change. Now i'm thinking maybe the smell is from the clutch dying. During gear changes there is a feeling like there is clutch slip, there is a short lag before the speed kicks in, but that is not very often. Its only done 9k kms, i'm planning on taking it to Maruti, but what could be the problem? I'm very careful with the clutch, i rarely half clutch, i'm sure it can't be clutch torture.
micraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 23:30   #53
BHPian

Sorry, this is the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ell-swift.html (burning smell on swift)
micraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 11:32   #54
BHPian

Some thing funny happened after first service of my Swift.

Gear shift appears to slip in first gear and on the reverse gear. It does not get engaged in the first attempt. Wonder whats happening. I need to come back to neutral and rety to engage the gear. It was not there before the service. Did anyone experience the same ? Would appreciate if any light can be shed on this .

Thanks
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 11:59   #55
Senior - BHPian

Whoever said Swift has a weak clutch should drive Swift D. My left foot starts paining after an hour of drive on swift D. It has a strong heavy hydraulic clutch. But with petrol version there may be an issue with the clutch.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2007, 20:24   #56
BHPian

Hi Surprise,

Quiet a few have this same problem on the Alto too. Dont know if its appropriate taking this in this forum since it is about the Swift. But you can also look at this thread for any headers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...my-woes-8.html (Alto Fuel Economy Woes)

Anand.S
anandtheleo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2007, 23:52   #57
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I've been having problems with the petrol swift(27000km) in 1st gear severe juddering. didnt realise so many other people have the same problem, but i've fixed it now... sold it back to the maruti dealer

and............ taking delivery of my brand new diesel swift on monday the 15th
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2007, 00:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I've fixed it now... sold it back to the maruti dealer and............ taking delivery of my brand new diesel swift on monday the 15th
Alls well that ends well... congrats on the Swift D
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 00:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Some thing funny happened after first service of my Swift.

Gear shift appears to slip in first gear and on the reverse gear. It does not get engaged in the first attempt. Wonder whats happening. I need to come back to neutral and rety to engage the gear. It was not there before the service. Did anyone experience the same ? Would appreciate if any light can be shed on this .

Thanks
I also had similar issues during first 1k kms. Now after running in for few more hundreds I feel it better. I think it gets resolved over the usage
raghutk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 04:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

Swift Diesel clutch can be a pain in stop-go stop-go traffic, especially if you are doing it on an incline. Guaranteed to give a workout to your left foot.

But otherwise nice to use. Good feel.
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote