Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd May 2007, 10:45   #1

Question Baleno....sound from the underbody

hey guys
I have been facing a peculiar problem in my baleno.done with around 12000 kms.There is a peculiar sound from the backside(sound of two metal,colliding with each other)comes at bad roads,flyovers,potholes.Also is there any solution to the KHATAK sound u get when the car passes over a pothole at a high speed.????
ashishjhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 19:52   #2
BHPian

its probably the mid-section of your exhaust where it turns 90 degrees near the rear suspension arm.if so it should cost you around rs.500 to fix. they remove the exhaust ..... heat it and tap it to restore original shape.

happened to my m1000 just about a month back. i back into a kerb which hit my exhaust tapping it inside a little bit. this kept banging aganist the suspension arm every time i went over a pothole or bad roads.
flipsyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 19:55   #3
Team-BHP Support

good diagnosis mostly the exhaust pipe, i had similar issue when i fitted the free'r flow pipe in my iKON
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 19:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
its probably the mid-section of your exhaust where it turns 90 degrees near the rear suspension arm.if so it should cost you around rs.500 to fix. they remove the exhaust ..... heat it and tap it to restore original shape.

happened to my m1000 just about a month back. i back into a kerb which hit my exhaust tapping it inside a little bit. this kept banging aganist the suspension arm every time i went over a pothole or bad roads.
the car is still in warranty..so dont u think this would be covered in the warranty...coz it has already gone for this issue twice to my maruti dealer....but it again happens after few days.
ashishjhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 20:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishjhamb View Post
Also is there any solution to the KHATAK sound u get when the car passes over a pothole at a high speed.????
This is a known problem with front suspension and there is a known solution on T-BHP. Get in touch with Baleno owners (Samurai, SupremeBaleno, V1p3r, MclarenXXX) to get exact details.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote