Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th May 2007, 11:54   #1
BHPian

Default facing problem in my accord.

hi guys.
i m facing a weired problem in my oha(2003).while taking initial pick up car is not at all responding.car is giving lot of jerks nd very slow acceleration.
once i cross 3000 rpm mark every thing becomes normal.i have checked spark plugs,spark plug cable,turbo pipes nd petrol filter.every thing is just in perfect shape.i m facing this problem from last 2-3 days.plz guys help me with this.u guys can see my engine bay at http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/DSC00201.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/DSC00200.jpg

nd here is my car
ImageShack - Hosting :: p1011037cz1.jpg

guys plz help me out with this.me nd my mechanic s not able to figure it out.
prateek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 15:12   #2
BHPian

Dear Prateek

Check your clutch plate for wear.
When there is uneven wear on clutch plates, engine shrudders at low speeds witch you cannot notice at higher speeds.

This should solve your problem
sukhesh
sukheshkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 15:32   #3
BHPian

Is that same accord that driven showed some time back ????
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 16:17   #4
BHPian

guys is there ny censor known as slow moving censor in the throttle body of car?
Old 5th May 2007, 17:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Yes, this is the same one which was TC'ed by Nivit Bhasin.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 17:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

slow moving or idle sensor?
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 17:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Off topic.. Your engine bay looks like a plumber's worst nightmare.. My sympathies are with the mechanic who couldnt figure it out.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 22:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
slow moving or idle sensor?
slow moving sensor.my car is also showing a light in instrument panel which shows somethin like engine. before light was not there but now it is continuously on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
yes its the same car.

OFF TOPIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Off topic.. Your engine bay looks like a plumber's worst nightmare.. My sympathies are with the mechanic who couldnt figure it out.
i know its not very well done but i was satisfied with the performance.there r 90 degree bents in pipes and its not right way but then there were some reasons for it.
Old 5th May 2007, 22:40   #9
Team-BHP Support

LOL!!!! this is the same car which came on the car and bike show. Couldnt stop crying when i saw the not one but 2 90 degree bends for the CAI.

I think you need to fix a lot more to get your car to work properly at any rpm leave alone below 300rpm.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 23:23   #10
BHPian

OMG.. such gleaming perffectly perpendicular pipes for the CAI..
The tuner who tuned your car surely doesnt know dynamics of airflow when he can screw some thing like a CAI what could have been done with a turbo job.. honestly there may be somany parameters that could have gone wrong its higly impossible to diagnose by seeing the pics. Would recommend you to show your car to some recommended tuner in your area. Get a scanner and scan all sensor readings..in your case if the idling seems to be rough, there might be problems with the idle air control valve your IAC sensor might have gone kaput. or right quantity of air is not going to the engine during idle. I guess 3000 rpm is when your turbo kiks in if your car is having problems below that there must be problems in the air flow or fuel line.
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 23:33   #11
Team-BHP Support

try the basic troubleshooting first before getting the engine scanned or visiting a tuner,that is plug cables>spark plugs>ignition coil>injectors>actuator
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 23:41   #12
BHPian

Prateek, your car is now in limp mode (due to the check engine light glowing continously). The reason can be anything, but I think it is most probably due to MAP sensor failure. Suggest you take it to an authorised Hoda Service centre and ask them to hook up the Scan tool and check wht error code comes up.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 02:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Prateek, your car is now in limp mode (due to the check engine light glowing continously).
Sideways you may be right , but I was also thinking something like this : usually the ECU wont let you rev more than 3000 RPM in limp mode, in this case the car seems to return to normal above 3000...seems odd behaviour for "limp home" mode .. ?
Also if MAPs were screwed up they would not allow the car to behave so normally as indicated by Prateek.
maybe something to do with vacum leak, as the car is jerky at low revs but behaves normally at higher revs and allowing him to go over 3000 RPM.
maybe check the gasket on the intake plenum etc etc... check for vacum hoses connected to the TB /intake plenum. The MIL could be due to misfire due to excess/unmetered air not detected by the MAP...
But hey could be MAP ,could be vacum issue , suggest you try both these out.

Best option would be to connect to a scanner software if you have access to one and check out the trouble codes and see how much ref signal the MAP sensors are generating....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
seems to be rough, there might be problems with the idle air control valve your IAC sensor might have gone kaput
Idle Air Control valve(IAC valve) is used for keeping the engine alive @ 0 % throtte position but whats an IAC sensor ? Also the IAC valve would cut off when he gives it some throttle while moving towards 3000 rpm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukheshkumar View Post
Dear Prateek
When there is uneven wear on clutch plates, engine shrudders at low speeds witch you cannot notice at higher speeds.
sukhesh
I definately dont think its clutch plate, the MIL wont act up unless it was something to do with the MPFI system, and also Im sure Prateek would have identified it as a clutch engagement issue.
chetanhanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2007, 11:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Prateek, your car is now in limp mode (due to the check engine light glowing continously). The reason can be anything, but I think it is most probably due to MAP sensor failure. Suggest you take it to an authorised Hoda Service centre and ask them to hook up the Scan tool and check wht error code comes up.

THANKS SIDEWAYS. I will surely take my car to authorised honda service centre now.i dont think that car is at limp mode coz it is behaving completely normal above 3000 rpm.i ll get it scanned for errors.
Old 6th May 2007, 11:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukheshkumar View Post
Dear Prateek

sukhesh

no,its not clutch plate problem.i already checked it.imo car is not getting enough air below 3000 rpm which is causing jerks and slow pick up.