Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 00:41   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
i have achieved an average of 23.9 km/l in my laura (stock)
.. Exceptional.. This is close to what the Ford gives

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
and yes shifting to neutral works wonders ...
Shifting to neutral while travelling at 60kmph.. does it not increase the vehicle speed a bit and considered dangerous ???

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 00:42   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 774
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I got 11.5 after 1st service in adventure, the reading was taken after doing 243 trip. 180 done on highway with lot of 4th gear driving. Had to drive in 4th and 3rd gear a lot . Was also going through undulated turmac, so less chance of shifting to 5th. Sharp curves etc caused frequent downshifts. Was not expecting more than 10, but 11.5 is acceptable.


Before 1st service had got 14.7 with 90 % highway driving.

Last edited by swathyd : 15th May 2007 at 00:44.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 00:47   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,749
Thanked: 9,167 Times
Default

Godfather[/quote]

it does increase the speed a bit ... but is quite manageable ... overall a good combi of light footed acceleration and good gear shifting is the key to great fuel economy ...
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 00:47   #34
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Few links for a good read on DFCO (deceleration fuel cut off) or Over-run fuel cut off :

InsightCentral.net - Encyclopedia - Honda Insight Fuel Cut Mode

1994 Product Bulletin - M1.7 IGNITION AND INJECTION SYSTEM

ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM - MPi MEMS 1.9

Throttle FAQ
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 10:32   #35
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Mclrean, I noticed that at no time on that video did you exceed 40kmph.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 10:36   #36
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Mclrean, I noticed that at no time on that video did you exceed 40kmph.
Yes , which is the way I drive 90% of the time (the other 10% either we are testing the car after mods or on a TBHP drive) .. My car does have a speedo error , actually the true speedo reading will be around 60km/hr in 5th gear at 2000rpm .. At 1750 rpm it should be close to 50 ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th May 2007 at 10:37.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 11:25   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: thiruvananthapuram
Posts: 774
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Yes , which is the way I drive 90% of the time (the other 10% either we are testing the car after mods or on a TBHP drive) .. My car does have a speedo error , actually the true speedo reading will be around 60km/hr in 5th gear at 2000rpm .. At 1750 rpm it should be close to 50 ..
Which car you owns, my adventure do 60 kmph at 1500 rpm, 80 at 2000 rpm.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 11:30   #38
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Which car you owns, my adventure do 60 kmph at 1500 rpm, 80 at 2000 rpm.
Its a baleno with a close ratio gearbox .. Thats why the difference in the speeds however I wont be in a position to comment on the correct speed unless I get the worm changed ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 12:02   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
normally_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,367
Thanked: 387 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
i have achieved an average of 23.9 km/l in my laura (stock) while returnin home(mulund) from nariman point @ around 11:30 p.m. shifting done in the range of in the range of 1200 - 1500 rpm. , and in the 5th gear driving @ approx 60-70 km/h

26.49 kgm of torque did the trick ....
and yes shifting to neutral works wonders ...
Yes - I used to get these kind of figures from the TDi too. Infact after a T-BHP drive to Alibaug, while returning 4 of us got so engrossed in a discussion that we did not exceed 60 kmph in 5th gear...and just as I reached Panvel , my eyes fell on the trip computer and it showed 3.1 L / 100 KM.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 15th May 2007 at 12:04.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 13:16   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
zenx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 74 Times
Default

boohoooohooo
Thats all this thread makes me do
In a 1.3, 10-12 in the City
I wanna get 15kmpl too
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 13:25   #41
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
I wanna get 15kmpl too
Simple , let akshay drive your car for a week and your dream will come true ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 14:39   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,742 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I simply do what you have mentioned, shift at 1750 rpm or even less if possible. I don't know how good is this for the engine?
Riju, from what i saw last time i was in blore... u ought to quit pulling off in second gear... more so riding the clutch while doing so.

There'll be more damage to engine/clutch/gearbox while doing all this to conserve fuel. And of course your starter motor as well can get badly damaged... So use the first gear also kano... better safe than sorry. key to all the FE is also correct psi in all tires and free movement of all wheels etc...
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 14:54   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Adi what I did with the clutch was to only hear that muffler roar mate.Come on it was pretty new and I was just starting to enjoy the sound.
Now you ought say may car sounded much sweeter than yours .

Clutch ride hmmm , I just did it twice with you in the car kano. With T-BHP around how would I think of doing such a thing?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 15th May 2007 at 14:56.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 15:32   #44
BHPian
 
hari_rama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trichur
Posts: 263
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

wow u all manage so high FE????
on my last trip when i checked the mileage, it was 12.234 kmpl on highway trip with ac between 25% and 50% full time.....yeah i did a lot of overtaking in 3rd gear gng to around 5500 rpm....is there any trouble with my car?? i mean will the fe go down so much???the car has finished the second service....

hey i have a doubt....my car is runnin on 195/69 R14 tires...so wat would be the error in the meter readings??

i covered 460 kms (as on tripmeter) and the car consumed 37.6 litres filled from Reliance pump

EDIT : Though there had been many overtakin maneaouvres most of the time i was cruisin around 80 kmph

Last edited by hari_rama : 15th May 2007 at 15:44.
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 15:42   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
Quote:
my car is runnin on 195/69 R14 tires
Was that a typo .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
santro xing xp 9 kmpl ..help freakr Technical Stuff 41 24th December 2012 18:58
Hello Skoda - Did you read and analyze or merely read ? ajmat Indian Car Dealerships 48 11th March 2009 13:08
4 kmpl palio 1.6???? HELP!!! sajeeth Technical Stuff 66 6th October 2008 20:11
F.E. =150 Kmpl !! DCEite Shifting gears 12 30th March 2008 14:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks