Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 17th May 2007, 17:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
he mentioned high beam not coming on which is an indication that both the headlights and that looks more like lighting circuit failure and not bulb
when i switch to high beam, its as dark as the backside of a bat out of hell
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2007, 17:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
when i switch to high beam, its as dark as the backside of a bat out of hell
thats some obervation skills... how did u figure that backside err.. i mean that bat was from hell? and do bats from other places have different colored backsides? LOL
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 01:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

well okay this thread might be a year old but here is what i did to a similar problem!]

i too had some local brand harnesser and relay and the bulbs went kaput!

so had it changed to a roots branded harnesser and relay which sums up to 800bucks with B&W got it here in Hyd from sprocket could not source the branded ones on the minister road may be the motoaxis and stunnerz have them too! and the bulbs were the philips rally 130/100W ones that i put into both the accent and the swift now!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 09:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Its not about the age buddy. Some bulbs just dont work right.

Does it apply only to BULBS
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2008, 09:39   #20
BHPian

When your high beam goes off, you should also check the bulb holder. If you are using the stock one, it can melt off because of excessive heat. Excessive heat occurs when there is a loose contact.

It is always advisable to use bulb holder made of good material which is available in the market.

I have 100/130 W bulbs both in my Accent as well as my Amby. I got a relay kit which has got the bulb holder as well, which is of good quality.

Cheers!!
carlover98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 05:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover98 View Post
When your high beam goes off, you should also check the bulb holder. If you are using the stock one, it can melt off because of excessive heat. Excessive heat occurs when there is a loose contact.

It is always advisable to use bulb holder made of good material which is available in the market.

I have 100/130 W bulbs both in my Accent as well as my Amby. I got a relay kit which has got the bulb holder as well, which is of good quality.

Cheers!!
well the problem is the poor quality wiring of the harnesser i guess, as i believe he already has one, and i just posted so that he would change it to a branded one from roots, this time if he still has not changed them!

and also the roots one is really of good quality and gives us a proper idea of how the prices for these things are as the car decors who have the locals usually loot us charging exorbitant prices, because the roots brand harnesser, relays etc are not all that popular yet! and people still go by the idea that the local ones cost lesser and actually the roots has a very nominal prices for these!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 01:40   #22
BHPian

Same happned to me for Blue vision within 2-3 months, Now I am using Philips Rally 90/100W and working perfectly fine
mandyrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 10:19   #23
BHPian

opening this thread after long time . facing the similar problems with my swift running on philips 90/100 with relay. i had one headlamp's high beam conked recently and fixed it with new bulb. The next day when i was driving i noticed the other (old ones) bulb's high beam got fused out.

now before i replace it with new bulb i how do i figure out if its d problem with the cutout or with the bulb?
santhosh_lv is offline   Reply With Quote