Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd February 2008, 09:18   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ok, nice. Now does anyone know who does that steel/chrome job?
When i was getting my car painted at SS concept they optioned me for a steel chrome job on the car , he said he will do it, but will be expensive..
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 09:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Dupont/standox runs automotive training center inside prerana tata facility in peenya. they might be able to give the details of bodyshops that can do this stuff. Like someone mentioned, contacting Dupont is a good option. if you browse standox site, they have some fancy paint that looks different from different angles. not sure if its available here.
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Not true, you have Sai colorium with its own paint spraybooth for colour and factory like finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
In bangalore we dont even have a proper paintshop. delhi and mumbai boys have it lucky.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

I found something that belongs to the weird and whacky mod jobs thread in their garage. <<hint>> <<hint>> clicked on Virtual tour of their website .
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Dupont/standox runs automotive training center inside prerana tata facility in peenya. they might be able to give the details of bodyshops that can do this stuff. Like someone mentioned, contacting Dupont is a good option. if you browse standox site, they have some fancy paint that looks different from different angles. not sure if its available here.
i always get all my cars painted at this facility, besides other jobs. the owner is a personal friend. they also supply standox to sundaram motors (MB). so instead of paying double, i get my merc painted here when there are scratches.

IMO, i have never seen any repainted cars (and i've seen tons) that have as good a finish and last as long as my cars done from this facility. i own/sold cars that are 7-8 years old, and the clearcoat/lacquer still gives the car a 'wet' look (not comparing with more expensive methods like ceramic etc). they do multiple coats if you choose to enhance the 'wet' look.
raftaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
i own/sold cars that are 7-8 years old, and the clearcoat/lacquer still gives the car a 'wet' look (not comparing with more expensive methods like ceramic etc). they do multiple coats if you choose to enhance the 'wet' look.
You mean the Platinum finish from Standox? It IS rather good, though Prerana are not the only ones offering it.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2008, 18:58   #37
srh
BHPian

Default Good garage to do body work around Indiranagar, Bangalore?

I wanted to do some minor dent removal and painting work on my Xeta (Lagoon Blue). Manipal Motors quoted an outrageous price for the same. Does anyone know of a good garage where I can get it done?

Please PM me.
srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 10:52   #38
BHPian

There is a smallish place on the corner of 9th main / 10th cross (Off 100 ft road) opposite the Godrej furniture showroom. I've heard the guy is good but no personal experience.

Last edited by ajitkommini : 26th February 2008 at 10:54.
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 11:52   #39
BHPian

"Classic Automobiles" in Ulsoor Road is good. i got 2 dents removed for 1500. Mandovi quoted 7500 for the same. they wanted to replace the entire metal sheet (right side of the bonnet for M800) and repaint the entire right side.
This guy used a jack like device and fixed the dent without re-painting in 1 hour.
suvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 11:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

You can check here , Sai is a dedicated body repair and paint shop only.

IMO, even if you have to travel a bit, you should goto a person with good reference moreso with touchup jobs, lest the touchup starts showing after few days.
Old 26th February 2008, 12:04   #41
BHPian

Two places where I have seen them do a good job is
1. Behind shell petrol bunk on Old Madras Road, adjucent to tata service centre.
2.The one behind BDA complex, Indiranagar. This is close to 3M store. His number is Srinivasan - 9886652567
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 15:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You mean the Platinum finish from Standox? It IS rather good, though Prerana are not the only ones offering it.
dunno about no 'platinum finish'. i get ordinary clearcoat.

as for others offering it, they should, coz prerana are distributors for standox.
raftaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:45   #43
BHPian

Hi,

Would highlt recommend Car Mechs's in HSR..I know its far but he does a relaly grt work on the painitng and denting.infact i felt he is better that the showroom guys.

I got my Optra bumpers peinted from him 2-3 times ita grt job..Even with amtching the colour..Also he did a minor patch on my front fender and u just canot make out the diff its so continous..

btw-when u go to his garage you will alsways find a couple of mercs being done up..
hitinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

How much did he charge you and where's he located ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitinv View Post
Hi,

Would highlt recommend Car Mechs's in HSR..I know its far but he does a relaly grt work on the painitng and denting.infact i felt he is better that the showroom guys.

I got my Optra bumpers peinted from him 2-3 times ita grt job..Even with amtching the colour..Also he did a minor patch on my front fender and u just canot make out the diff its so continous..

btw-when u go to his garage you will alsways find a couple of mercs being done up..
Old 20th May 2008, 21:48   #45
BHPian

I would receommend Sai Colorium in J P Nagar anyday. They are a body shop with their own paint booth so finish is top notch. Cost is very reasonable and quality is beyond question. I wouldn't bargain with them, but that's your choice.

Their address is 64/2 GM Garden, Sarakki Main Road, J P Nagar 1st Phase, Bangalore - 560 078. Phone number is +91 - 80 - 2663 1125. The owner is Mr. Ananth but the shop manager is Mr. Khan. Good man.

PM me for further details, should you need them.

Cheers!
kartikkumar is offline   Reply With Quote