Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th October 2010, 21:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

I too thought so and I recall now. I told the SA so and did not change though he was for changing. But after a month I noticed that the coolant was very very dilute and then it was changed.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 21:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
There is no provision for engine flush in the Swift's schedule of maintenance.
I was mentioning that for Alto. And Popular is so fond of that.
Old 7th October 2010, 21:20   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
...for Alto.
Sorry, but none of the Maruti vehicles has engine flush as a recommended procedure. With any engine, I wouldn't recommend a flush at 20k km; maybe beyond 50k km in a diesel, or 100k km in a petrol.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 21:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but none of the Maruti vehicles has engine flush as a recommended procedure. With any engine, I wouldn't recommend a flush at 20k km; maybe beyond 50k km in a diesel, or 100k km in a petrol.
The Popular maruti dealership in Kerala always try to sell this engine flush, the flushing oil costing same as fresh lube oil and also similar labour charge.

They also campaign heavily for online decarb. They tried this at me at 20K in vain.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:13   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
...online decarb.
What's that? Do you need to connect the car to the internet? Is high-speed broadband required, or will a dial-up modem do?
Old 7th October 2010, 22:27   #36
BHPian

Guys, A small query. This light came up in my swift recently. When I asked MASS about this, they've told me to replace the diesel filter along with the sensor assembly which is gonna cost me 3.5k bux. Moreover they told that the sensor assembly doesn't come up separately & I've to buy it only as a set. I need to know whether I should change the filter alone or the whole set (filter with sensor assembly).

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 7th October 2010 at 22:29.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 22:35   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
...to replace the diesel filter along with the sensor assembly which is gonna cost me 3.5k bux. Moreover they told that the sensor assembly doesn't come up separately & I've to buy it only as a set. I need to know whether I should change the filter alone or the whole set (filter with sensor assembly).

That symbol indicates water in your filter sedimentation bowl. Drain and dry the filter holder assembly and replace with a new filter only. No need to replace sensor. Have your diesel tank cleaned too, or the light would recur.
Old 7th October 2010, 22:40   #38
BHPian

Quote:
That symbol indicates water in your filter sedimentation bowl. Drain and dry the filter holder assembly and replace with a new filter only. No need to replace sensor. Have your diesel tank cleaned too, or the light would recur.
They've cleaned the filter already & after fitting, It hadn't showed up. But after 1 hour the light had glowed again. No buddy, The diesel tank had not been cleaned. Any procedures to cleanup the diesel tank? Does weak battery also makes the light glow? I've heard in the other thread.

Last edited by whizzkid_ram : 7th October 2010 at 22:43.
whizzkid_ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 23:39   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
They've cleaned the filter already & after fitting, It hadn't showed up. But after 1 hour the light had glowed again. No buddy, The diesel tank had not been cleaned. Any procedures to cleanup the diesel tank? Does weak battery also makes the light glow? I've heard in the other thread.
There's water in your diesel tank. Cleaning it is easy (skill-wise) but laborious. Any MASS/FNG (will be less expensive for you) will do it for you. Discard the residual water-contaminated diesel and fill fresh diesel from a reliable pump. And clean out the filter bowl again. Make sure it's dry before refitting.

Weak battery doesn't make that light glow.