Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 10:07   #1
BHPian

Some problems

Hello Friends,

I own a SWIFT VXI for last 1.6 years and running is about 11K till date.I am feeling few problems as below:

1.When the AC is on engine knocks when I shift gears from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to 4th.Is it problem related to release of clutch or I need to get vehicle checked?

2.I feel some vibration in clutch padle.

3.Yesterday it was raining and I felt that my vipers are not cleaning the windscreen properly.I mean the windscreen was not getting crsystal cleaned.Infact I noticed somewhat misty from outside.What should I need to check?

Please guide me.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajendra
Old 14th June 2007, 12:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

1.When the AC is on engine knocks when I shift gears from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to 4th.Is it problem related to release of clutch or I need to get vehicle checked?

Has this been there for quite sometime? Sure the petrol you filled was from a reputed bunk?

2.I feel some vibration in clutch padle.

Check the clutch assembly. Swift is known to have clutch related problems, specially if you drive in the City and has the habit of riding the clutch.
3.Yesterday it was raining and I felt that my vipers are not cleaning the windscreen properly.I mean the windscreen was not getting crsystal cleaned.Infact I noticed somewhat misty from outside.What should I need to check?

Wiper blades!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 14th June 2007 at 12:05.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:07   #3
BHPian

raja748, try changing the wiper blades,they tend to get brittle leading to inefficient clening of the windshield.
was the AC on when you found mist outside? could be because of the lower temp inside the cabin.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:46   #4
BHPian

@Raja: Guess you need to change your source of Petrol, that should help with the engine knocking problem. Regarding your Windscreen, as someone suggested do change your wiper blades and you could try Bosch brand blades they have really helped me. Added to it ensure that your windscreen is spotlessly clean by washing it with shampoo or some other windscreen care solution to remove oil, soot and grime deposits. While wiping of your windscreen it is advisable to use Newspaper when the windscreen is damp/wet to clean it on a regular basis. After changing your blades, do remember to often clean the edge of the blades with a soft damp cloth.
Old 14th June 2007, 16:09   #5
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Thank you for your replies.

1.Yes,I have indeed changed my petrol pump and this may be the reason for under performance.But now I have already about 35 ltrs.of fuel in my tank as I have cery recently tankfulled the car.How should I proceed about now?Will it damage my car?and if I go to some good filling station,there will be some amount of petrol in the tank.What should I do?

2.Ok.I'll get clutch assembly checked

3.Regarding wipers,I am trying to find out where can I get BOSCH in Pune.Yesterday,AC was ON and there was no mist inside,but the windscreen was not getting cleaned properly from outside.I forgot to tell you that I have added a pouch of screen cleaner (MGA product).

Please let me know any more suggestions if you guys have.
Old 14th June 2007, 19:37   #6
Team-BHP Support

if you can, drain the old fuel but this being an expensive proposition, top the tank with good fuel once you reach 3/4 tank.

unless and until the petrol is absolutely adulterated your car should survive for now, if you are really caring go drain the fuel and put new gas in.
Old 15th June 2007, 10:29   #7
BHPian

One more thing

I forgot to add one more problem.Many times there is some burning smell in the car.I am not habitual of riding clutch and use it for changing gears only and then I take off my foot.Last time I had it checked at MUL dealer's workshop,but they informed me that everything is fine.

Please suggest me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks