Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th June 2009, 13:29   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
@shivred, I've been there dude. your Fe is absolutely i was getting the same kind of FE till my 10k service when it automatically started to give 18.5 kmpl in city!!. so be patient and drive along.

thanks 14000rpm.will wait and see.
shivred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 19:57   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I guess you had changed you driving style . Also which petrol pump did you fill up? Fill there from next time onwards.

Abhi
The difference is the road conditions. Same bunk and not much change in driving style. The Krishnagiri to Salem road has made a big difference.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 23:07   #258
BHPian

Smile Thanks technocrat & gpa

Thanks you all for your replys and now i am convinced that 13.5 is good for me in bombay peak traffic and ac 100%. Even the 800 i had did about the same.
anky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 11:29   #259
BHPian

Default Re: Alto Fuel Economy Woes

Bumping up an old thread. My VXi gives 15-16 kmpl in moderate to high traffic with almost no AC. Most of the times there are 4-5 people in the car. Haven't had much opportunity to test highway FE. Might do it when I take a trip to Mumbai in a few months.

Is this normal? I feel I should be getting slightly more. Someone in this thread mentioned about needing to get the brakes checked for dragging, as well as to check the timing. What exactly does checking the timing mean? Apart from that, what else do I need to check? (apart from usual things like oil. tyre fe, clutch, etc.)
swarnava.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 12:51   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
Bumping up an old thread. My VXi gives 15-16 kmpl in moderate to high traffic with almost no AC. Most of the times there are 4-5 people in the car. Haven't had much opportunity to test highway FE. Might do it when I take a trip to Mumbai in a few months.

Is this normal? I feel I should be getting slightly more. Someone in this thread mentioned about needing to get the brakes checked for dragging, as well as to check the timing. What exactly does checking the timing mean? Apart from that, what else do I need to check? (apart from usual things like oil. tyre fe, clutch, etc.)
15 is not a bad mileage. Yes, you can definitely get more, but your driving style dictates that. Let me give you an example. My bike gives me an average of 40 kmpl with my riding style. There have been times I have ridden the bike carefully (no hard acceleration, keep it at an economical speed etc) and I average 50 kmpl. My highway rides get me around 30 kmpl because I am redlining it all the way in every gear.

Thus, check your driving style before checking your vehicle.

My alto has given me average mileages (tank to tank) of 13 to 20) with an average of 16 or 17, so your average is not bad at all
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 12:57   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post

15 is not a bad mileage. Yes, you can definitely get more, but your driving style dictates that. Let me give you an example. My bike gives me an average of 40 kmpl with my riding style. There have been times I have ridden the bike carefully (no hard acceleration, keep it at an economical speed etc) and I average 50 kmpl. My highway rides get me around 30 kmpl because I am redlining it all the way in every gear.

My alto has given me average mileages (tank to tank) of 13 to 20) with an average of 16 or 17, so your average is not bad at all
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2013, 13:21   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post

On most occasions I am quite a light footed driver. Shifting up at around 2k, usually staying within 60-65 km/h. What you can call properly sedate.

Previously I was getting 14.5-15. I got a Cosworth air filter a few months back which has improved the performance slightly and boosted the FE up by about 1 km/l. Hence the impression that I should be getting better economy.

I feel that the clutch is a factor as it is not in the best shape but does not yet warrant a replacement.
swarnava.m is offline   Reply With Quote