Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th June 2007, 14:23   #1
Default Sedan vs Hatchback driving characteristics

Mods: Please post this in a different category if I've posted it in the wrong place.

I could not find a thread discussing this topic, so I wanted to start a discussion on the differences (if any) between driving a hatchback vs. a sedan - beyond the obvious like a hatchback being easier to drive and park in the city, hatch giving a tad better mileage being a bit lighter, etc.

I'm talking about things like handling, comfort for long drives, etc.

Would the more even weight distribution of the sedan help the handling? Or would the extra weight of the boot skipping around cause handling to suffer? Would the more planted nature of the sedan make long drives more comfortable than a hatch? Would the sedan be more of a driver's car even if a person does not require the boot?

king_julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2007, 15:21   #2

There is already a thread "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/10353-hatch-back-vs-sedan-ride-handling-comfort-power-etc.html"
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote