Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th June 2007, 15:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default AC problem in M800

Hey guys..noticed that the ac of the car was not cooling at all and felt like i was wasting petrol even switching in on.
Note this happened just recently and before around 15 days cooling fantastically for an 800 and at its best.
So went to the service station thinking that maybe its just a chocked condensor and requires a pressure wash and the ac will be back to normal.
Went to the service station and he goes like the gas is pretty low and must have leaked out and we ll do a leak test and check everything.
He calls me back before sometime and says the following parts and things need to be done
1)Two Pipes
2)Condensor
3)Expansion Valve
4)Rings
5)Compressor Oil
6)Nitrogen Flushing
7)Gas Recharge
In all he quoted around 6 to 7 grand for all this.My question is can all of this go wrong all at once even though the ac was working perfectly before 15 days and suddenly all this.I Trust the service station completly but man there is not one part in my car which is like as old as the car.80% of the parts have been replaced in the tenure of her stay from the brand new 800 to the 9 year old 800
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 15:43   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey guys..noticed that the ac of the car was not cooling at all and felt like i was wasting petrol even switching in on.
Note this happened just recently and before around 15 days cooling fantastically for an 800 and at its best.
So went to the service station thinking that maybe its just a chocked condensor and requires a pressure wash and the ac will be back to normal.
Went to the service station and he goes like the gas is pretty low and must have leaked out and we ll do a leak test and check everything.
He calls me back before sometime and says the following parts and things need to be done
1)Two Pipes
2)Condensor
3)Expansion Valve
4)Rings
5)Compressor Oil
6)Nitrogen Flushing
7)Gas Recharge
In all he quoted around 6 to 7 grand for all this.My question is can all of this go wrong all at once even though the ac was working perfectly before 15 days and suddenly all this.I Trust the service station completly but man there is not one part in my car which is like as old as the car.80% of the parts have been replaced in the tenure of her stay from the brand new 800 to the 9 year old 800
buddy if yoh havent done this then let it be done. Its better to get the stuff done for 6 to 7 grands as if u are low on gas it will seize the compressor itself and that will be a real squeeze.

ur car does not want you to ignore her i guess she is like an Enfiled Bike waiting to give u one surprise after another.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 20th June 2007 at 15:47.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 15:44   #3
BHPian

Step out of there immediately and take a second opinion. You may save a lot of trouble that way
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 15:45   #4
BHPian

get a second opinion bro.....go to any reputed car HVAC shop/expert near you and get the a/c system diagonised....
zakaaaaasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 17:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

My faith in marutis service has gone to dumps.Have given my car for 76000 km service interval and there was a low whinning sound from the AC ever since i got the car after getting the AC job done around 1 nd half months and some 1800 km back.I told the service advisors there about this the very day i got the car after getting the AC job done.He was like everything is perfect and since i know the people at ravi automobiles very well i trusted them on that.

Note there was no whinning or any kind of noise before i gave the car to them.The AC gas had leaked from somewhere and the culprit was the condensor and they also asked me to replace the AC pipes and i asked them to go ahead with everything.Also they had done nitrogen flushing/full AC servicing.

I thought maybe its the belt noise and since it was rainy season i let that pass.But the whinning noise started increasing little by little and now at high rpms it sounds like a remote control car revving kinda noise from the compressor.No doubt the cooling is fantastic but what about the sound?

Gave my car to ravi automobiles today and the service advisor there goes like AC ka bearing shayad gaya ho sakta hai.I go like 'toh AC ka pura kaam kiya tabhi dekhneko nahi hota hai.Aapko maine AC ka kaam ka 7 thousand rupees diya agar bearing ka aur add kar lete toh main naa thodi bolta'
He had nothing to say then.I told him that change whatever u want but i wont pay u for gas refilling and all again.He agreed to that.

He said he will open and check.I get a call saying compressor is faulty and needs to be replaced.I lost it then.I directly told him that if the compressor was faulty why the hell did u not tell me when u had opened everything up and i had specifically asked u to check everything and then fix whatever u want and what the hell does FULL AC Servicing mean?He also had changed the AC compressor oil then.If he would have told me 1nd half months back while fixing everything that a compressor worth 14 thousand is faulty and needs to be replaced i would have not gone ahead and got anything in the AC system done as there would have been no point fixing a condensor bla bla without the compressor not going to last long.He goes like Subros ka compressor is one seal unit and we cant check and all that crap.

I called the other service engineer on his cell who happens to be my good friend as he is the one who always handles my car and he said he will look into it.

If my car AC is not brought back to its working condition/or i want my 7000 bucks refunded Asap i m writing a very strong mail/call to maruti and blowing the S*** out of all of them.
Bloody hell this is taking a customer for a royal ride.
Old 20th August 2007, 18:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

And what the hell do they charge me for nitrogen flushing the entire system when the entire condensor + 2 AC pipes(the long ones were replaced)the only component left is the compressor.
Just called the service station and spoke to the head service advisor.He goes like.We donot touch the compressor in ac servicing and it can fail anytime and loads of CRAP.

I told him what about the 7 thousand worth of parts u put in.Its all a waste if the compressor stops working.he is like we ve told u what we are putting in and supplied the parts to u so nothing is a waste.
I told him listen u overhaul the engine engine and leave the head and the valves in the same old condition and fix everything back and give it to the customer.The valves leak after a month and the customer comes back and u tell him that head ko toh haath nahi lagaya tha and woh abhi replace karna padega..wont he ask u that engine khola tabhi aapne yeh kyu nahi kiya?
Old 20th August 2007, 18:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the world humyum, these service center people are pathetic over here in Delhi too. I'm also not getting the right input, I also wanna change the compressor of my Indica.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote